Friday, June 27, 2008

Thursday & Friday



Thursday we drove to Huntington State Park, which was about 8 miles from our condo. There the kids got to make t-shirts using the ancient technique of fish imprinting. Maggie made a starfish and Molly used a small starfish and a small fish. They turned out cute. Then we walked went out to the beach and the kids got to use different tools to explore the surf. They had sand suckers that you could pull up sand with and put it in a sift to look for crabs and sharks teeth. They also had nets that you could take out into the water and it brought in small fish. Maggie found a very tiny fish and was instantly in love with it. She put it back in the ocean to spare it from an early death, but then she got very sad because she wanted to take it home. I couldn't get her to understand that it wouldn't survive the trip!! She also found a crab and was excited to show us, but was equally scared of it!! We attempted to take a tour of the Atalaya Castle, but the tour guide was so boring that we didn't make it through more then fifteen minutes before we decided to sneak out. It was painful with two small kids!! We made it back home around 3:00 and took the kids swimming to avoid anyone falling asleep so late in the afternoon. We ate dinner at Cici's pizza and then headed over to the main strip of Myrtle Beach to do some exploring in the t-shirt shops. I remember loving the strip when I was a teenager and I realized last night that my role in life has completely changed. I was a nervous wreck with my young daughters being there. There is something that feels very unsafe about Myrtle Beach. It could be that one memory that will forever stick from my teenage years was watching a family post a Lost Child sign on the telephone poles because their daughter has disappeared. Then there was the car stopped in the middle of the street last night that had been busted with drugs. It's just not the most kid friendly area.. I made Maggie ride in the stroller and I put Molly on the cup holder. There was no way I was going to lose track of a child!! As we were getting ready to leave, Maggie convinced me to let her get a Henna Tattoo. Molly had to have one, too. They both got a monkey and Maggie wanted it on her foot in honor of Jessica :-). You never know the influence your friends have on your kids!! We came back to the condo and went to bed!!

Today was spent squeezing in some last time ocean fun, swimming and of course eating!! The horseback riding was by far the best part of today!! We have most of our stuff packed and we will be headed home in the morning.



I forgot to mention, but earlier in the week, Molly tried to crawl up on my sink to wash her hands and she didn't know that the curling iron was on and she burned her lip. You can tell in some of the pictures. She is a lot tougher then I am.. I would still be whining about it!!

No comments: