There is truly no place like home!! Friday night both girls were officially homesick even though neither of them knew what the word meant. Maggie & Molly were missing their Daddy terribly and they were anxious to see Miley. Maggie even said she wished we could drive home that night. We have done that once before and it was not a fun adventure. They both fell asleep quickly from exhaustion and we had to wake them the next morning to leave. We started packing up at 6:30 and we got on the road at 8:30 after stopping for breakfast at Hardees. Our next stop was for gas and a much needed band aid. Maggie got a paper cut and by her reaction, you would have thought she needed stitches. She was not going to let it go until she got a band aid for it.. We stopped at Wendy's for lunch and we all jumped out of the van in a rush to beat the bus load of boy scouts that pulled in behind us. In the rush of things, I got Molly and I thought Maggie was with my Mom. I got into the bathroom with Molly when my brother hollered in to see if Maggie was with me and we all ran back into the parking lot to find my car alarm going off. I had locked Maggie in the car. She was so wrapped up in her DS and then looking for her shoes, that I guess she was bent over when I scanned the car and I didn't see her in there. She was barefoot and crying, standing behind my van waiting to be rescued. I praised her for being smart and getting out of the hot van and for not running into the parking lot. I felt horrible!! After that chaos, we were no longer in front of the boy scouts, so we got back in the car to head to the next exit. So for the next twenty miles, Molly kept saying "we're sorry Maggie that we left you" and "mommy didn't mean to leave you in the car". Now we can laugh about it!! We finally made it home around 5:15. It was a long drive home and we got stuck in traffic twice. There were a lot of accidents going the other direction and it caused out lane to slow down. Daddy was waiting in the pool for two little swimmers to join him when we got there. Molly instantly ran in and got her bathing suit so she could show him how well she can dive. Miley was so excited to see us!! She was worn out from a busy day outside with Daddy, but she still managed to chase the girls around the pool and she fell in!! We ran to Best Buy and the grocery and then we called it a night. I was in bed by 9:30 because I was physically beat!!
We are playing hookie from church today. Maggie slept until 9:30 and we all need a little bit of down time. We will probably go see Wall-E at the theater this afternoon..
No comments:
Post a Comment