Friday, June 20, 2008

There's Nothing Like Being in the Mountains

Wednesday morning after sleeping in and getting a slow start, we headed for Townsend!! The girls were very excited about "camping" up there and spending time with Jessica, Olivia, Hutch and Hunter (oh yeah, and Cacki).. We got there just in time for lunch and then we headed to the Y (not the YMCA as it has been mistaken) to play in the ice cold water. Maggie was having a great time floating on a tube with Olivia, but that all came to an end when they got dumped in some rapids and she made the journey down on her back.. She was very scared, but handled it fairly well.. Molly was already over the ice water, so this sealed the deal for heading back to the swimming pool. Once we got there, neither of the girls were excited about swimming.. We got dry clothes and and went on an ice cream mission. Everyone was excited about getting chocolate/vanilla swirl cones.. Molly gobbled every bite of hers until she dropped the bottom part.. The kids had fun on the playground, tennis courts and riding bikes together. Mike arrived around 6:30 after having to pull over for a fifteen minute power nap because he couldn't keep his eyes open... We had pizza for dinner (third time in less then a week).. Mike and I took the girls to Docks' Motels to sleep around 9:30 and we all crashed in less then fifteen minutes. I don't think Mike even got to brush his teeth!! Thanks Cacki for arranging everything for us!!

Thursday morning, Molly woke up at 8:30 as usual.. Maggie and Mike were still sleeping soundly.. I kept her quiet until 9:00, but then she was getting restless. I tried to get her to go back to sleep, but she told me that her tummy wasn't sleepy, it was hungry!! We turned on cartoons and then Cacki came to the rescue. She was coming to make sure we in deed had two beds and to see if anyone was awake yet. Molly got the pleasure of going back to the camper with Cacki. Maggie woke up shortly after they left, so we all got cleaned up and headed for the camper.. Maggie and Molly enjoyed waking Jessica up from her "teenager sleep" at 10:30!! We had lunch at the camper before we headed for River John's for the family reunion.. We got there around 2:00 after having a little trouble getting on the right path. Molly was extremely tired when we got there and no sooner then I was able to get her off of my hip, she went to pet Frisco and she got bit on the lip by another dog. Luckily, it just nipped her and barely broke the skin on her lip and her gum. She was so upset, but quickly got over it when Aunt Libby offered her a cookie!! Maggie and Molly had so much fun playing in the water and having fun with everyone.. When Molly was formally introduced to Libby later, she walked up to her with her hand extended to shake her hand. I guess she had been observing what everyone else was doing. We had to leave at 5:45 because I thought that the swim team pictures were at 7:00, but it turned out they were scheduled for 6:00. I drove as fast as I could and luckily they didn't start on time, so we made it just as they were lining them up!! Maggie wasn't thrilled when she discovered that she had to stay for practice after such a long and exhausting day..







Today we have spent running errands, cleaning, packing, and cooking... I put Molly down for a nap which I will regret tonight, but she has whined all day. I sure hope she isn't getting sick. I think she is just worn out. Tomorrow morning we will leave at 6:00 for Surfside Beach!!






No comments: