Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer Plans Have Changed!!

Our summer plans have changed dramatically this week. Maggie was running track and playing tennis until we went over to Gulfwood Pool on Monday night with the McCay's and Maggie got to try out "swim team".. She loved it. Swimming is something she is very confident about and she doesn't have to worry about getting kicked or knocked down :-).. I told her that she could sign up for swim team, but that would mean giving up track and tennis because there is no way we could do all three at once. She really loves tennis and I explained to her that she can take tennis lessons during the school year and she quickly said that is what she wanted to do. Instant excitement took over her (and Maddie). There are definitely pools closer to us that have great swim teams, but Maggie is really having a hard time doing things right now if she doesn't already know someone. She knows at least four kids on the team at Gulfwood, so that helps a lot!! Tonight will be her last tennis lesson until school starts. Now she will be in the pool swimming her little legs off every day!!

Yesterday was one of those days that you look back on and wonder "what were we thinking?". Melissa stopped by the house at 8:45 to bring Maddie clothes for Bible School and she so kindly took the kids while I stayed at the house with Coleman & Molly and got ready. Then she was even sweeter and took Molly with her to Sam's so I could go to the theater to give out directories. They came back to the house around 11:00 and then we just rode together to pick the kids up. She had planned on taking her kids to the Oak Ridge Children's Museum, but I convinced her to go to Sprout Studio - here's where it all started going crazy. We stopped by the house to get Coleman's shoes and everyone had to get out of the van to go pee.... Then we went to Kroger to pick out lunchables and it took forever to get the kids out of the fruit samples and through the major decision process of grabbing a lunchable. Once we made it to Wendy's the drive thru took forever. It was after 1:00 by the time we got to Sprout Studio. The kids were starving. We let them eat, play and eat some more. Then the leaving part occurred. Molly doesn't leave well when she is tired, so she threw a fit and hit me, so she got her bottom popped. I'm sure the mom's sitting around thought I was a horrible mom. We stopped at JAWS on the way home to get Maggie a bathing suit (not just any suit, a $40 suit that we can't find now).. Molly threw a tantrum in the car for Melissa that continued all the way home. I thought she would be happy when I let her help drive the van into the driveway, instead she took us all hostage!! She had a death grip on the steering wheel and she didn't want to let go so we could go in the garage. Let's just say her fit lasted for a LONG time. Maggie was in tears as Melissa left because I wouldn't let her go with them. Every kids needs a break from each other every now and then.. Whew...what a rough afternoon.. We ended up going to Granny's for dinner to keep Molly awake which is the last place we had the bathing suit. She tried it on for Granny and now we can't find it. I hope and pray it is over there. Maggie went to swim team practice and Molly played for a little while in the pool and then sat on the side the rest of the time with three bleeding toes, a hurt heel and her lemonade icee...

Today is nap day....That's where the kids are as I sit here typing. I have to admit that I was enjoying one too until the phone rang. The girls are exhausted and Maggie has tennis and swim practice tonight. I knew if we were going to survive that they were going to need some rest. Summer wears us out!! I guess the school year is needed to catch up on rest!! I am almost finished with this print cycle and once again things have gone really smooth. God has proven to me yet again that I have nothing to worry about with the competitor. He is AWESOME!!

Molly said to me this morning, "I want somebody to come over, I don't even have a sister". I turned to answer her to find this face!!













No comments: