Monday, June 9, 2008

Summer Heat


The heat is unbelievable!! It has been 90 degrees for days now and I was actually able to get in the pool already. I haven't kept record, but I would guess that is the earliest I have ever gotten in before. The pool is 85 degrees!! Maggie and Molly have been in the pool every day since school let out and there's really no where else to be!!

Thursday night we had a MNO and we decided to cancel our trip to Splash Country because we each had a lot going on over the next few days and felt like we just didn't need to add to the exhaustion. Instead, Felicia, Erica, Melissa and myself went to see Sex and the City.. I will admit that there was some "soft-porn" in the movie, but the story was awesome. We really enjoyed it and we all laughed which was great medicine for each of us!!

Friday, Melissa and Erica brought their kids over to swim in order to try to ease the unhappiness that came with being told that we were not going to Splash Country. All of the kids had a great time and we only had one injury.. Melissa got stung by, well, we don't know what!! It was very painful and left her with a huge red spot. We were suppose to go to a Smokies game, but the heat was so unbearable, so we gave our tickets to the Pack's and we stayed in the pool. Maggie and Molly were in the pool from noon until 8:00 at night. My family came over to eat around the pool and the kids had a blast swimming.. Molly spent the night with Granny so she wouldn't have to go to the track meet the next morning. Maggie wasn't happy, but it didn't take her long to forget about it and fall asleep.

Saturday, we got up at 7:00 in order to be at the track meet by 8:30. Maggie placed 8th in the long jump, 4th in the 4X1 relay and 2nd in the 50 meter dash. She is not as excited about track as she was last year. I think the biggest thing is she didn't have her friends around her like last year. She had Maddie and Maggie to stand and chat with as she waited in lines and this past meet she didn't know anyone. After the meet, we were suppose to go to the movies with Granny & Papaw, but Molly threw a fit which trickled down into everyone throwing a fit and we stayed home. We had to be at the McCay birthday part for Ridge & Coleman at Gulfwood pool. They have a high dive and Maggie went right up the ladder, walked out to the edge and then tears flooded her eyes!! Back down the ladder she came, and before I knew it, she was headed back up. The exact same thing happened, so Mike told her he would buy her a toy and she jumped. After that, we couldn't keep her off the high dive. Molly wanted to do it, but we convinced her to wait until she gets a little bigger.
Sunday, we went to church and then Maggie and I rushed out the door to make it to a baby shower in Norris by 2:00. She was a little bored, but I think she was very glad she went. Her "water broke" first, which was a cute little game they played where they had frozen little babies in an ice cube and the first person whose baby popped out had to say "my water broke". She was to embarrassed to say it, but she proudly claimed her prize. We got home at 5:00 and had dinner around the pool and then went swimming for a little while.

Maggie woke up at 4:30 this morning and asked me how much longer until it was time for VBS. I told her ten more minutes and she went back to sleep. She woke up again at 7:30 and asked me again and I said five more minutes. I finally woke her up at 8:15. She was so excited!! Maddie is in her class, so that makes it that much more enjoyable. Molly and I came home so I could work until it was time to pick her up. She had a blast. Maddie came home with us and we are going to meet Melissa at the movies at 3:30. Then I think the plan is to go swimming at the "high-dive pool" as Maggie calls it..

No comments: