Thursday, June 5, 2008

HOT WEATHER is finally here

The pool is quickly creeping up into my swimming temperatures. My perfect temperature is 82 degrees or warmer and Mike said that it was 80 degrees last night!! Molly will be thrilled when I will finally get in the pool with her even though now she is a master swimmer and can swim from the diving board to the stairs. Last night she even swam from the diving board down to Mike in the shallow end. She is amazing. The weather has been almost 90 degrees this week, but luckily we have had some wind to keep us from dying.

Sunday we went to church and then I came home and jumped back into my pajamas because it was a nasty rainy day. Maggie woke me up at 4:00 begging to eat dinner at Olive Garden because she saw a commercial with Daddy that looked yummy!! That was the highlight of our night was going out to eat..

Monday, we had the Pack's and the McCay's over to swim. We are so blessed that all of our children play so well together. Maybe it is simply because they don't have a choice since we are together so much..

Tuesday, we met the Pack's at the theater to see Evan Almighty. After the movie, we ran to Target and then my kids suckered Erica into letting them ride home with her while she packed a picnic. Our plan was to go to the park to have a picnic because the sun wasn't shining, but that quickly changed and the kids were ready to swim. They had a great time splashing and surfing on the floats... Track practice started and I think it was a little more hard core then it was last year. We all had our moments of missing our Meystrik friends!! Maggie said she was really going to miss not having Maggie to run with!! I often wonder why God didn't reveal that friendship a couple years earlier, but who am I to question his planning. After practice, Melissa declared that we should start a tradition of Keva Juice....I think Logan and I will pass next time!! Whatever we drank kept us both awake until the wee hours of the night..

Wednesday, Cacki met us at the theater and took the girls to see Doogal so I could go finish delivering my books. She managed to get by with only spending $1.75 (that's amazing!!). I had packed them some popcorn and drinks in hopes that the girls would not beg for candy.. The wind spooked the girls into not wanting to swim all afternoon which was a good thing because I was afraid Maggie would be too tired for tennis. She was beat from all the running she had to do the night before. I have never heard her complain so much about being tired. Cacki met us at tennis after her dentist appointment and we actually got to watch her lesson. Molly didn't want to be out in the hot sun, so she let us sit still. After tennis, we picked up Anabella for a sleepover. Maggie was so tender when she thanked me for calling and asking her mom if she could come over. I thought she was actually going to tear up.. Playdates and sleepovers are so important to them.. We ate dinner at Granny's and then came home to swim.. Who knew swimming could be such a nightmare for me when I wasn't even in the pool. I couldn't get the squidward working, so I was going to use the manual vacuum only to find that the hose had dry rotted. I ended up having to go to Wal-Mart to get a new hose which wasn't as cheap as I was expecting.. My therapy for the night was getting to be anal about cleaning the pool. There is something very calming about using that vacuum. The girls came inside around 9:30 and they played downstairs for a long time dancing and singing. Then they moved their party upstairs to play DS until I made them turn the lights out at 11:30. At 12:05, I finally called Maggie's name a few times to get them to be quiet and I am not sure who fell asleep first, me or the girls!! It's 9:30 and they are all still sleeping soundly.

Wednesday, June 4th, marked the exact age for Molly that Mike was when his Dad was killed in Vietnam. It is hard for me to process what Cacki went through in the days, weeks and years to come after receiving that news. For Molly, death is so matter of fact right now. She told us the other day that when you die, you don't get to come back. How simple, yet how true. It often makes me wonder how long the girls would remember me if something happened to me. How quickly would I fade to a memory only sparked by pictures.. We have no guarantee on tomorrow, so it makes me want to squeeze them and play with them a little extra today!!

Today will be a day filled with swimming and then we have track practice tonight.. Well, Mike has practice, I on the other hand have girls night out!! we are finishing our Bible Study at Panera Bread and then we are going to see Sex and the City - I know they do not go hand in hand!! Tomorrow we will probably go to Splash Country for the first time in two years:-)

No comments: