Saturday, May 17, 2008

Yard Sale

Thursday night was a late night around here. Erica, Melissa and her mom didn't get here until late to bring their stuff for the yard sale. It was midnight when everyone left and guess who stayed up for the whole thing - Molly!! She didn't miss a thing (can't imagine where she gets that trait from). I was back awake at 5:45 in order to get a shower and the signs up before it was time to take Maggie to school. When I put the balloons out at 7:00, the fun began. I cannot believe how many people are out staking their claims so early in the morning. I didn't get to take Maggie to school until 8:30 because of the crowd. She was very sad that she couldn't stay and help all day, but she had a math test to take. My goal was to let Molly sleep as late as possible, but she woke up at 8:15.. That poor child can tick on very little sleep. Melissa and Erica took turns helping with the sale, and finally closed the doors around 1:00. Molly was so tired that she fell asleep in my lap outside. Mike took the day off, so he got to go eat lunch with Maggie and pick her up at school. That was a huge help for me. Haillee ended up spending the night since we are running out of nights before she moves to Texas. I put the girls to bed at 8:00, but it was after 9:00 before they fell asleep. It took a little threatening, but I knew Maggie was exhausted and she had an 8:15 soccer game to be ready for.

This morning, we got up at 6:45 in order to get three kids ready and fed so we could be out the door in time for Maggie's last game. It was cold and foggy, not the best weather for a game. The girls played their best game all season today and won 7-1!! Go Shooting Stars!! I have never seen 8 little girls hussle as hard as they did today. They wanted to win and it showed. We had played the team before and lost to them, so it wasn't like we were playing a weak team.. After the game, the girls got their lemonade stand set up and I opened the doors back up to try to get rid of a little more junk. We had a pretty decent day today in sales. All in all, I sold around $120.. That will help pay for our new phones that we will be getting next week. Mike and I both have cell phones that will no longer hold a charge.. We have literally been outside from 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM. After we closed the doors to the garage sale, the kids went outside to play with friends. Sydney stayed so she wouldn't have to go to a baseball game and Melissa brought her three over while she loaded up her stuff. Erica ended up bringing Lola over to play with Miley and they wore each other out. Lola even went swimming with the girls. The pool is back up to 72 degrees and they had a blast. After we ate dinner, Maggie and Molly went into the dining room to work on a craft and the next thing we knew, Molly had fallen asleep standing up - yes, you read that right. She laid her head over on the dining room chair and went fast asleep. As I picked her up to take her to her bed, she heard the theme song to Little Bill and now the Energizer Bunny has caught her second wind and is going string again. I am ready to call it a night!! I think tomorrow is going to be a sleep in day since Molly won't go to nursery without me..

FROM THIS



TO THIS


TO THIS



CONVERSATION BETWEEN MIKE AND MOLLY:


Daddy: Molly, you need to go to sleep like Maggie.


Molly: I'm not tired any more!!

No comments: