
Friday was a busy day for Molly and I. We started our morning with a two mile walk with Erica and Lola. I manged to walk twice and go to the gym once this week. My body is so out of shape!! After our walk and a good game of fetch, we went home to change clothes for Chase's birthday party at 1:00. She had Kangaroo Kids there to entertain and there was 16, 2-4 year olds there. They were all so well behaved. I got to spend some time talking to my Aunt Judy, which was really nice. She of course lectured me about going to get a colonoscopy because I have a cousin that is in his thirties that is about to die from colon cancer (scary stuff). He has four small children and it is such a sad situation. I snuck out during the party to go and check Maggie out early so that she could play with Zach for a little bit. They do not see each other a lot, but they have a great time when the are together. We left the party around 3:30 and brought Lauren home with us. Kelly picked her up and the kids had a great time jumping on the trampoline and playing tennis together. Before I knew it, we were late leaving for soccer.. We dropped Molly off on the way with Granny and Papaw because she didn't want to go to soccer. They took her to dinner with them. Maggie's team played the hardest team and they got beat, again. The surprise came during the first quarter when Maggie was sitting out and she said "uh-oh" and I looked over to find her holding her tooth and there was blood everywhere in her mouth. Her tooth must have been so lose that it just fell out in her hands. What a blessing because losing teeth is very traumatic for her!! We met two other families out for pizza after the game and the girls had a blast. Claire rode with us and the funny things that her and Maggie talked/sang about just melted my heart. I love watching my girls interact with other children. I always wonder what their conversations consist of!! After dinner, we picked Cameron and Molly up and brought them home for a big slumber party in my king size bed!!
The new hole is the one on the right!!



This morning, we had to be on the soccer field at 9:30 for her game. Another tough team and another defeat. It was 4-1, but the girls played really hard.. They just can't seem to catch a break when it comes to scoring. They always manage to kick it a little to the side. After the game, we worked in the yard and Granny and Papaw brought Meghan over to play. Papaw hooked up the new pump for Squidward and he is running good as new now. Maggie and Cameron got in the pool for a minute and then they quickly got ready to go to the baseball game with Mike. UT was playing UL and Mike was meeting Pat and Lisa at the game.. Here's another first for Maggie - she got extremely sunburned at the game. Silly me, I gave her a quick bath before she left and then I put her in a tank top, but I never gave it one thought to put sunscreen on her. Lisa, if you are reading this, thanks for trying to shield Maggie from the sun!! Maggie is going to milk this for all it is worth.. We have put aloe on at least four times in a couple of hours. We didn't plan our weekend out very well, so at last minute, we decided that it made more sense to celebrate Mother's Day tonight so that Jerry and Shelli wouldn't have to drive back over here tomorrow. We grilled out and the kids had a blast playing and by the end of the night, we had three different games going in the driveway that all included the use of a tennis ball. All in all, today was a fabulous family day!! Oh yeah, I can post the pictures now from Tuesday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment