Monday, May 19, 2008

Molly's Last Day of School

Today was another milestone in Molly's life. She has completed the two year old class at FCB and will move on to the three year old class next year. Where has the time gone? She was happy to go to school this morning because she wanted to give Ms. Patricia and Ms. Nancy their hanging baskets that she had picked out for them. After I dropped her off, I had breakfast with a sweet group of lady's that all have children that have one form or another of special needs ranging from autism to congenital defects. It is very interesting to be around them because it is a side of parenting that I have no clue about. Three out of nine of us all live in the same neighborhood. I had to leave a little bit early because today was my last day to get my thoughts together and try to get some ads sold before the chaos of having Molly (and soon Maggie) home every day.
The Pack's came over to play after school and the kids enjoyed splashing each other with water balloons. Sydney, of course, quickly realized that she could use the balloons to make a Dolly Parton style chest. Molly was quick to try it out, too.. They are so funny together. I realized yesterday that Molly is almost the same age that Maggie was when we met the Pack's. It's amazing how quickly my girls are growing up right in front of me. Maggie has gotten so tall that she comes up to my chest now. STOP GROWING!!!

We picked up our new phones today and then had dinner at S&S Cafeteria. I cannot believe that when given a choice of where to eat, that place ranks number one with Maggie usually. Her second favorite is Nixon's Deli.

I asked Maggie to make a top five list of her favorite things about Molly today with sidewalk chalk. Here's her answers.
1. Molly is nice
2. Molly is beautiful
3. Molly cares about me
4. Molly like to share
5. Molly likes to play with me
I LOVE MOLLY!!

I am trying to help her realize that there are great qualities about her sister and that she will be a great friend to her when she is older. I know that it is extremely difficult to be the older sister to a kid that constantly screams to get her way!!

Naked Miley!!

No comments: