Wednesday, May 7, 2008

First Tennis Lesson




It was a hit (no pun intended)!! Maggie loved tennis and she has already made a new friend. I struck up a conversation with the lady sitting beside me and after some small talk, turns out she lives in our neighborhood!! Her daughter is 8 and is an only child (which secretively, I think Maggie wishes she was). The lesson was forty five minutes long and Molly was bored about five minutes into it!! Once she realized she could roam around in the grass, it was less painful for her. I will probably take a ball with me next time.




We came home from tennis, finished up homework and ate dinner. Then it was bath time and into the bed, that's when Molly's evil side flared up and she threw one of her ultimate fits. Maggie wanted me to lay in the middle so she could see the book, too. She really makes a lot of sacrifices for the sake of keeping the three year old happy. I could understand her wanting to see and she doesn't have much of a voice, so I was determined that I was going to lay in the middle. Two spankings, locking her out of the room for a time-out and then putting her outside of the house completely to see if she would calm down, I was in tears and couldn't hardly read the crazy book. Of course, when Mommy cries everyone wants to cry. Molly realized that she had really hurt my feelings and she had a little chat with God about it during prayer time.



No comments: