Wednesday, May 7, 2008
My Worse Fear!!
I can safely say that I have never had my feet swept out from underneath me the way that I have today. A simple stop at Smart Toys and Books has left me in complete tears and frustration. I have been very fortunate from day one when I purchased the Kids' Directory from Alice that my business has been wonderful!! My only competitor even hired a sales rep and I managed to fly right through that without any problems. Today though I am faced with a giant - the Home Depot of Kids' Directories. I don't know that I have ever given so much thought to why it is so important to look out for the "little guys" until this very moment. While I was shopping in Smart Toys, trying to mind my own business (which I am not very god at), I heard the two ladies behind the counter say "oh, what's that?" and the other lady said the words I just hoped I would never hear "it's knoxmoms.com's new little magazine". My heart stopped and I instantly felt sick!! No, I didn't want the rumors to be true!! There it was at my fingertip and I quickly asked for one and then had to defend the look on my face and explain that I published the Kids' Directory. The sweet lady said she was shocked to see it because she had lived in several other cities that had Kids' Directories and she didn't think they needed another one in this town....Exactly, now who will win out in this fierce competition? I will not give up, but Satan has definitely won the battle of filling me with fear and doubt.. God has never failed me in this business and I Believe that He won't this time either, but we are now to the point where we are dependent on my income and we can no longer survive on a single income. What will I do if this business fails? I have so many regrets for not finishing college, but now those regrets are stronger then ever. I cannot go anywhere and get a job making the money that I make now and still be able to spend time with my kids. I could definitely use all the prayers I can get because this is an all time low point for me at this very moment!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment