Sunday, April 6, 2008

A Week Gone By...

Where did the week go?? It's safe to say we didn't do much this week because it has rained almost all week. Monday we went to get our donuts after school as part of our good report card reward!! That turned out to be not so free.. Krispy Kreme will give you up to 6 free glazed donuts for a good report card. Sounds great, except my kids want sprinkles on their donuts. They are $1 each or a dozen for $7, plus a second dozen of the glazed for $1. Almost $9.00 later, we left with three boxes of donuts. Not exactly what I need around the house as I sit thinking about bathing suit season!! While we were in the area, the girls were dying to see Cacki's feet.. They walked in and examined her and then instantly started begging to eat a donut. We hung out for a little while and then we had to go home and get ready for soccer practice. Maggie had a great time and really enjoys being out there kicking the ball. Molly enjoyed playing with all of the other younger siblings on the sideline.



Tuesday, Ginny came over after school to return my backdrop stands. Maggie and Molly were both excited to get to play with Natalie. The weather was beautiful, so they played outside the whole time. Miley was't there to enjoy the excitement because she was at the groomer's!! Granny picked her up on the way home for me because there wasn't enough time to go get her and still make it to dinner in time. We met the Hatch's at Beef O Brady's for dinner. It took Maggie a few minutes to warm up to Emily, but they finally hit it off and had a great time!!



Wednesday, I dropped Molly off at preschool and then Erica picked me up so we could go to Morristown together. I was realy dreading delivering up there for the first time because I have never been there and it is hard to drive and look at the same time. Erica was so kind to spend her whole day with me and she even drove Noel's van (thanks Noel) so the gas was free.. We had a great time talking laughing and making u-turns!! We made it back in time to have lunch before rushing to get the kids at school. After school, I took the girls over to Erica's house so they could ride bikes and play with Sydney and Brandon.. Molly loves to ride her bike in their neighborhood because it is flat!!



Thursday, Molly and I went to bible study and then we went to Sprout Studio. I had to drop books off in Downtown West, so when we are that close, you can't pass up some fun play time!! Molly's friend Tate was still there, so she had a blast playing and she wasn't happy when we had to leave. We ran by Cakci's to drop off some books and then we had to rush home to get Maggie. It had rained all day, so we didn't ahve soccer practice. Mommy got to have a Mom's night out with Melissa and Erica. It's official - I'm old. We went to Smoky Mountain Brewery and the music was Too Loud!! We couldn't hear each other and the songs seem to go on forever.. I remember working in a bar when I was in college and the music never bothered me.. Now I enjoy quiet settings (maybe it's because when the kids are around it is never quiet!!)..



Friday is my day to take Maggie to school. I had put Molly to bed at 6:30 on Thursday night, so she woke up in the best mood!! When we got back, we snuggled up on the couch and watched Chicken Little. I am trying to introduce Molly to all of these great movies that have come out before she was ready for them.. Maggie has at one point or another fallen in love with just about every movie we own.. Now it is time for Molly to experience them. Last week we did Finding Nemo..I love be cuddled up to her on the couch and enjoying her being somewhat still with me. I had three years of snuggling quietly with Maggie and I really missed out on that time with Molly.. We paused the movie so we could go to gymnastics and then she wanted to have lunch again with Maggie like we did the week before. The lunch room is a crazy place to be on a Friday afternoon.. I think Molly's favorite part about going is getting ice cream!! After lunch, we went back home and snuggled back up on the couch to finish our movie where she quickly fell asleep. I was able to get some work done while she napped. We picked Granny up later for dinner and met the rest of my family (excluding Papaw) for dinner at Stir Fry. Cameron and Meghan ended up going home with Mom, so I hung out at her house so the kids could all play. The girls weren't happy when I broke the news that they couldn't spend the night. Granny was home alone and four kids is too much for any one person. Especially my two non-sleepers!!



Saturday we spent shopping with Granny in search of new shoes for Molly. We had lunch at the mall and then we went to PetSmart to get new toys for Miley. That poor dog loves to chew (anything).. While we were there, Cameron and Maggie decided that their reward for good grades from Granny should be a fish. Their harmless, right? They both go to pick a beta fish and a bowl for them. We now have a new family member named Bubbles!! The ride home was exciting for the kids as they tried to keep the water in their cups. All went well until Maggie was getting out of the car and she dropped her cup on the concrete floor and it cracked, spilling Bubble's water out. Maggie flipped out!!! She screamed until I got the bowl out, rocks in place, filled with water, added conditioner and then dumped Bubbles in!! She was sure that sweet little fish was going to die!! $3.49 and we could have had a new one, but Maggie would need hundreds of dollars in therapy!! Maggie and Molly got to spend the night with Granny while Mommy and Daddy went to see Leatherheads. We were suppose to meet up with a friend, but we somehow missed each other in the theater..



I picked the girls up this morning and Molly was foul. She went to bed at 6:50 last night, but she didn't look like she had gotten enough sleep. I was sure she was just tired. After church, we had lunch at Nixon's by Maggie's request and then we went home to get on our summer clothes. The sun finally came back out and we were able to spend some time outside. We went to Cacki's for a visit and then we met Stephanie at Lakeshore to walk. Molly's eyes looked horrible while we were at Cacki's. They kept watering and she wasn't her normal rambuctious self. Once we got to Lakeshore I was pretty sure she wasn't feeling well because she didn't care to lay down in the stroller even though Stephanie was with us. We stopped at Pizza Kitchen on the way home and she laid in my lap until the food came. Her appetite was good, but she just looked weak. When we got home, the thermometer read 101. I gave her some Tylenol and Benedryl, so hopfeully is it just allergies and she will be all better in morning. As I was laying with her to get her asleep, I thought she was gone, so I tried to sneak out. She quickly rolled over and said "no, don't go". I asked her if I could go to the bathroom and she said "no, you''ll fold clothes and won't come back".. She got me there. My bed is covered in clothes waiting to be folded. That was my plan!!

No comments: