Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Fun Weekend Is Almost Over!!

Thursday was another beautiful day. Molly and I had to be at Bible Study at 9:30 and it was one of our first trips to church in a while that she didn't protest going to nursery. Afterwards, we went to Maryville to deliver and we made it back to Knoxville just in time to pick up Maggie from school. We were suppose to meet Melissa at the park, but after a serious of events involving Miley, I decided it was best we stay home. Molly locked her in the van and I do not have a spare key (I finally remembered the back door doesn't lock). Then the neighbor called and Miley had snuck out of the house and over to her house. I was afraid to take the kids to the park for fear of losing one of them!! We had soccer practice at 6:30, so we took Molly to hang out with Granny & Papaw because she is already getting bored by soccer practice. Bedtime went smoother then usual. I promised Molly I would take her to gymnastics if she would go to bed without a fuss. It worked!! Maggie has really been enjoying her Flat Stanley book that the Easter Bunny brought her. It's hard to tell her she has to put it down to go to sleep!!

Friday morning, Molly and I met Christi and Lainey at gymnastics at 10:00. Molly had a great time playing and it's amazing to me that she is able to do almost as much as Maggie could do when she quit gymnastics. I really need to sign her up, I just hate to obligate myself to one more activity and expense!! After gymnastics, we had lunch with Maggie at school. Molly really enjoyed herself this time. It wasn't as overwhelming for her. Molly fell asleep on the way home, so I was able to get a little work done.. I sure have my work cut out for me this print cycle, so I need all the time I can get to work on selling ads!! This is my first print cycle that I feel like I can feel the pressure of having a new competitor and the economy. We picked Maggie up from school and they played outside for a little while while I worked on getting our green pool under control. Daddy took off early, so we were able to ride together for soccer. We picked Annabella up on the way. Her mom agreed to let her have her first sleepover with us. Maggie had her second soccer game at 5:15 and luckily the rain held off. The Shooting Stars won 2-0. We played against Emily from last season. Her Dad was our coach in the fall. They had their pictures taken afterwards and then we went to grab a bite of yummy, healthy dinner from McDonalds by request from three excited little girls. When we got home, they played with their DS's together and watched a movie. Molly wasn't a happy camper when it came time to go to bed. I got her to sleep in my bed and then had to girls go to bed. I made them a pallet in the floor and they enjoyed reading Flat Stanley by the glow of a flashlight. They are too cute together!!

Saturday was our annual Dealers picnic at Dollywood. We took Annabella with us and the girls had a great time despite the cool, damp weather. Maggie was so excited to ride the Dizzy disc again, but we quickly learned that she cannot ride something big right after eating. Half way through the ride, she looked at me in panic and said "I feel like I am going to throw up". I kept her calm, but she was sick to her stomach for almost an hour afterwards. The girls enjoyed driving the antique cars, riding the airplanes, the elephants, the tea cups, and the Veggie Tales roller coaster. It seemed like something happened on every ride that brought Maggie to tears. The airplanes she rode with Annabella and it scared her to be that high without me. The roller coaster attendant didn't let Maggie ride at the same time and Annabella and Molly, so she had to wait alone and then ride alone. I think a lot of her problem for the day was being exhausted. We made it home around 7:00 and I was still fighting with Molly at 9:15. You would think a three year old would be exhausted after being away for 13 hours - not Molly!!

This morning we didn't make it to church and it was all my fault. I thought by trying to get the girls to bed early that we could make it to early church. There was no way I could get out of bed at 7:30. I stayed in the bed until 10:30. My lack of sleep from getting up and down throughout the night catches up with me.. We cleaned house when we finally got our blood flowing and then I brought the girls over to Granny's house to hang out. Daddy should be here soon with our take-out from Chili's - yummy!!

Cacki is doing okay. I am anxious to stop by for a visit without the kids one day this week. I don't think she is ready for the excitement and energy of the girls. The pain is still intense and the doctor told her she is to stay in bed until April 7th.

Sweet Molly story... Several nights ago, Molly was laying in bed and was saying her prayer and it went like this:

Molly: Dear God, thank you for my Miley, Maggie, Mommy, Daddy, Cacki, Grandbob, Granny & Papaw.

Long Pause....I Love You So Much.. (I thought she was talking to me, but it meant so much more when I realized she was talk to God, not just repeating things that I have taught her to say).

I will be nice to my Mommy and Daddy one of these days (that little devil knows she is in control of our sanity)...

I don't even remember the rest of the prayer because after saying she would be nice one day, I had to work too hard to keep from laughing.. I love that child and those big brown eyes so much!! How can someone that you would give your life for make you feel so crazy at times.

No comments: