Wednesday, April 9, 2008

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!!

Days like Monday and Tuesday are priceless. I LOVE Spring.. Mike is a big fan of winter because he enjoys the cold weather and the fact that he can go outside and not be hot for once.. Me on the other hand, I love when the days start to warm up and we can pull out our capris, tanks and flip flops!! Life doesn't get any better then that!! Monday was so warm and toasty.. After school, we came home and played outside for a while before we had to get ready for soccer. Molly still wasn't feeling 100%, but she wasn't going to miss a trip to the soccer fields!! I probably made a huge mistake. I didn't bring her anything to drink, so we walked to the gas station right beside the field and got a Gatorade and some candy.. Of course as soon as the Gatorade was gone, she wanted to go back. I warned her in advance that we weren't going to do this every time we have practice..

Tuesday, Molly and I hung out and played all afternoon until it was time to pick up Maggie.. After school, we came home and chilled inside while Maggie got some of her homework out of the way. She needed to practice on her math because today is test day!! Maggie and Molly had a blast playing outside. They jumped on the trampoline and made designs on the concrete with chalk. It warms my heart to see them playing together. Maggie always wants to have a friend over to play with, but I am hoping that she will soon realize that her best friend lives in the next bedroom over!! They drive each other crazy, but when they get into "play mode" they have the best time together!! After dinner, we took a walk around the neighborhood with the kids in the jeep and Miley on her leash.. It's so much fun to be outside!!

Today I sit here staring at my computer feeling completely blessed by the Power of God!! I went into this print cycle with three pages to fill and that is a lot of work for me since the directory has been full for a while!! I have quickly learned that if I turn the stress over to God, that he will not fail me!! Yesterday was the turning point. I called First Baptist Concord to see if they would want to advertise their Vacation Bible School and they are going to run a full page ad and be on the cover of May's issue. I Love that my directory may lead a child to VBS where he/she can learn about Jesus!! After he made room for his Glory, the phone has been ringing and the directory is once again full!! Thank you God for all that you do and for providing for my family!!

No comments: