Sunday, April 20, 2008

A Valuable Lesson Learned

Friday morning started out as usual with the exception that both girls were in my bed and I accidentally woke Molly up instead of Maggie because Maggie is always the person laying beside me when I wake up. We all hurried around the house and made it out the door at 7:15.. After dropping Maggie off, Molly and I went to check out a consignment sale and then we stopped by Granny's in search of her missing D.S.. After hanging out with Papaw for a little while, we were going home to search our house again when my cell phone rang and the number showed up at Farragut Primary School. I am very fortunate that I have only seen that number once or twice. Maggie loves school and never has much desire to miss out on anything. When the nurse told me that she was complaining of a sore throat and Maggie didn't have any desire for me to bring medicine so she could stay, I just knew it was legitimate. I even told her that if she came home, that meant no fun, no friends, no nothing.. She still wanted to come home. I called Christi to tell her that I couldn't pick up Haillee after school because I truly didn't know how sick she was. As we were walking to the car, I explained to her that I had called Christi to give her enough notice to find someone to pick up Hailee, Maggie burst into tears. She was furious that I would take away such a thing from her. She cried all the way home and for several minutes after we arrived. I gave her time to eat a snack and watch Hannah Montana and then we all crawled into bed at 10:30. We were all fast asleep by 11:00 and it was 2:30 when Molly woke us up!! That was the best nap I have had in 6 years!! Of course, the girls were wide awake and ready for action after a nap like that. Maggie was so cute when she woke up. She said, "I'm just asking, what would I be doing if I was still at school?". I told her she would be coming in from recess and getting their stuff together for dismissal. She said "can we still pick up Hailee?". She was very understanding that coming home from school is okay, but their are consequences. I am glad that she came home because she obviously needed the sleep. It worked out well because the Julia and Buddy had the night alone, so Mike and Buddy took all of the girls to the Cove together to play while I took some stuff over to put in Melissa's yard sale. Mike called me at 11:00 and wanted to know what to do because they were complaining of being hungry (we had slept through lunch, so they got jipped out of one meal). I rushed home, fed them a PBJ and threw them in bed. It was midnight before Molly fell asleep.

No comments: