Thursday, April 17, 2008

First Grade Music Program


They have been practicing and planning this event for a couple of months now... Maggie has been so excited and keeping some major secrets.. This video reveals the secret and why they had to have a pocket!! Maggie started the music program out with the giggles. I told her that if it had been in class that Mrs. Shedden probably would have pulled her card. Miss I NEVER Get In Trouble couldn't regain her composure. She wouldn't even look up because she was giggling so bad. In her defense, it was the little girl beside her making her laugh. Maggie had a crowd there to cheer her on.. Cacki made it, despite her painful day of having the pins taken out of her toes. Grandbob chauffered her!! Granny & Papaw, Erica and her kiddos and Daddy, Molly and Mommy!! I would say not many other kids had ten people in the stands. She is a loved child. Okay, she wasn't on my favorite list at 5:00 when we were at Kohl's searching for a last minute outfit because we were given instructions for them to wear church clothes. Yes, we own a very cute dress, but no, she wouldn't wear it!! I offered to take her shopping last night after Granny brought in two failed outfits from work. She wanted to go watch Brandon play baseball instead of go shopping. I made the mistake of thinking I could pick something out today on my own, but it didn't fit and she didn't like it. She is lucky that I know exactly how she feels. I would NEVER wear a dress to school. For that matter, I hated dresses (and still do). If we had to stay after church, I would always take clothes to change into afterwards. Maggie even said "if I wear the dress, can I take clothes and change in the bathroom afterwards?". I wasn't about to force the subject. I wanted her to have fun and enjoy herself. First grade only happens once and I didn't want her lifelong memory of that night to be that Mommy made her wear a dress and she hated it!! She picked out a really cute outfit (and expensive), so I told her we were tkaing it back tomorrow :-).


No comments: