Thursday, April 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Papaw



Today was Papaw's 56th Birthday!! I am so thankful that he is able to walk around and especially play with the kids so much better then he was able to one year ago!! My morning was so busy that I didn't get a chance to call him before he called me...When I answered my phone with Happy Birthday to you....he quickly told me to hush.. the mood was set and I could tell it wasn't a good day for him. He had broken a set of chimes at the house he was working at and wanted to know where he could buy a new set. Then on his way home his window on his truck quit working.. Not the best birthday he has ever had, but we still celebrated anyway!! Happy Birthday, Papaw!! We Love You..

My day was hectic from the moment we got out of bed. Molly and I rushed around to get ready for Bible Study, got a late start leaving, but we made it there!! After Bible Study, we went to get a picture frame at Michaels and then stopped by the Rabbit's Foot to get her shoes (and some ad changes).. We went by the school to pick up Maggie so we could go home and get baths and pretty hair for our pictures. While they were bathing I had to process credit cards because I knew I wouldn't be home before 6:00 and that's the cut off time. I fixed the girls hair, and we ran out the door with soccer gear in tow because we wouldn't be home again until after soccer. I had to make a quick pit stop at Once Upon a Child for hair bows which threw us five minutes behind on our appointment at Portrait Innovations. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to put a present together. The girl that took the pictures did a great job and I was so proud of how well the girls behaved!! Why did the best set of pictures we have had made in a long time have to be with a motorcycle?? I love them anyway.. I knew Papaw would love them and what do you buy for a guy that buys what he wants when he wants it? My plan was to get the $9.95 package, give Dad the 10X13 and be on my way... Not exactly how it worked!! I loved the picture of Molly by herself and you can't buy one kid without the other (don't get me wrong, Maggie's is adorable, too). While we waited for them to print the pictures, we walked next door to McCallisters to claim our free cookie. With a cookie and tea in our hands, we walked to Kohl's because the 10X13 frame I had bought earlier wouldn't hold 3- 5X7's. I found the perfect frame that said GRANDKIDS in the middle and it said makes life grand on both sides of it.. Perfect!! We headed back to pick up our pictures, all the while, making plans on when/where to meet for dinner with Mike, Mom and Jerry!! I sat in the lobby at Portrait Innovations and used their scissors and tape to put the pictures in the frame because I wasn't sure if there would be time before we met at Cracker Barrel. We met at 5:00, gobbled down our food and some cookies and off to soccer practice we went. Molly was happy to get to go home with Granny & Papaw, so I picked her up afterwards and Mike brought Maggie home to finish her homework!! If I had days like today often, I would go nuts!! Let's not forget that my print deadline is Tuesday, so I had to squeeze in some phone calls in the car :-).. I love my job - I can do it anywhere!!
Yesterday we went to Cacki's after school because a little bird told us she was having a rough day. We took the girls bikes, jump ropes and soccer balls so we could have some outside time with Cacki.. She was able to use her walker and make it down to the driveway where we had a lawn chair waiting for her.. We spent almost two hours outside and I think the combination of fresh air and seeing the girls play did her so much good!! Then today we dropped her a picture off after our photo shoot because they were so adorable I couldn't wait for her to see them.. I know it hasn't been easy (especially psychologically) but I am so impressed by how well she is doing.. I know we are all looking forward to the day when she has her feet and her freedom back!!

No comments: