Mike and I are so fortunate to have the majority of our family around us, but so often we fail to make it a point to spend time with them (with the exception of our parents).. Last night we spent the evening at Jerry & Jenny's and we had a great time. Maggie's soccer game got cancelled, so at the last minute we were able to plan out an evening at their house. When I told Molly that we were going to Zach and Chase's house, she got all excited and ran to tell Maggie. Maggie was just as excited and she told me that sometimes she gets really excited, but when she gets there she gets quiet.. I explained to her that she was just a little shy, but that wasn't the case last night. Her and Zach hit it off the moment she walked in the door. Molly on the other hand was a leach. She spent about 90% of the time in my lap. Jerry cooked up a yummy meal of tacos and we had margaritas and brownies brownies to finish it off!! The kids were able to destroy the play room. I tried to explain to Maggie on the way home that there is no reason to get every single toy out in a three hour period. It's impossible to play with everything in one night.. How do you teach a six year old that it's just not acceptable to make such a mess. We got everything picked back up and were on our way home at 10:00!! Molly was asleep before we got out of their neighborhood.. She was so tired she slept all night without waking me up!!
Maggie and Mike left for the mall at 12:30 to go to Shelby's birthday party. Maggie will come home with another stuffed animal and hopefully Molly will be understanding.. Molly was so foul this morning that I made her take a nap at 11:00 and she slept until they were walking out the door at 12:30. I was going to meet them at Cacki's, but she is having so much fun just "playing" around the house that I am not going to disturb her. We have taken a walk and played outside. Now it is time for me to get the house ready (why as a mom do we do that, it will get destroyed by five kids!!) for the McCays.. They will be coming over for dinner tonight!!
No comments:
Post a Comment