Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Getting Ready for Summer Fun

The weather has been absolutely wonderful!! As a mom, I can't think of anything better then longer days and warmer weather. Winter is a very difficult season for me and I am so thankful that it is over. I love the hot weather and the thought of the kids splashing around in the pool. I turned the pump and squidward on today to get it cleaned back up. Maggie stood on the first step for a while and probably would have gotten in if I would have given her the okay. Our afternoon was filled with friends, fun and laughter (I can't forget popsicles). I would love to know how many popsickles and sidewalk chalk sticks we go through in one summer.. The McCay's and the Pack's came over and played outside with us. Of course that meant Miley got to have a playdate, too. She loved Lola!! They are so funny together.



After we ate dinner, we went over to visit with Granny and Papaw and the girls had us laughing so hard. They were playing chase/tackle/soccer. Molly wanted to hold onto the ball, Maggie wanted to kick it, so instead they would just chase each other and knock each other down. It was so sweet to see them playing so rough (in a good way) with each other. Molly finally tired out and went back to her normal screaming routine to get her way.. We had to take baths when we got home because they had rolled around in the grass and were all sweaty!!

No comments: