

Molly and I had a busy Thursday!! We started our morning off at Michael's looking for any craft that was raccoon related.. I think I have once again put more thought and effort into this project then what was necessary, but I want to teach Maggie that it is good to go the extra mile!! I ended up buying her a foam cabin to build and some raccoon stickers. She chose the most difficult animal. Why couldn't it have been a tiger or a lion. There's plenty of crafts related to them!! We were an hour late to Bible Study, but we made it in time for Molly to go outside and play. That's her favorite part!! We picked Cacki up at noon to take her on her first playdate since her surgery. We went to Sprout Studio to meet Tate & Charlie. They had the best time playing and Cacki had the best time being out of the house enjoying the laughter and silliness of Molly. We left Sprouts at 2:15, which gave us just enough time to get to the school to pick up Maggie and then we rushed home to put this project together. I wanted to be able to help her carry it into school tomorrow. Molly opted to stay with Granny and Papaw instead of going to the soccer game, which was great news for me!! After the game, we went to McDonalds with Claire and her family and the kids had a blast playing on the playground and being silly. They managed to play a decent game of hide-n-go seek!!We picked Molly up on the way home and she was exhausted, so she didn't put up a fight going to bed.
Maggie and I had a little pep talk before we left the house and I told her that she needed to keep her head in the game and be aggressive - no more, no less!! It worked!! She walked out onto the field and took first control of the ball and dribbled it down the field. Both of the coaches commented on what a different kid she was. Even one of the mom's was in shock by how different she acted on the field. She had to play against her friend Donni from her team last year. She is a really strong player!! Maggie got her foot on the ball more times then she has in any other game. The heat got to her and she said she was having trouble breathing, but after a quarter of playing defense, she was fine. She took a fall, two hits by the ball and was scored on!! It was a rough game, but she handled it all really well!! I was so proud of her.
Tomorrow is Maggie's big day - her very first field trip. It will also be the first time she has ever stepped foot on a school bus!! She is so excited!! I am very thankful to have family in town. Unfortunately, Cacki wasn't up to watching Molly yet, so my Dad took the day off to watch her. Yipppee. I would have been so sad if I had to miss it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment