Sunday, April 13, 2008

Fun Night With Friends

Yesterday was a rough day for me!! PMS is a very hard thing for your husband and two small kids to comprehend and I really don't expect them to.. For that matter, I don't comprehend it. All I know is that there's 3-7 days each month that I lose complete control of myself, especially emotionally!! Throw Molly's whining, screaming and being attached to me on top of my screwed up hormones and I truly feel like I could snap!! It is a terrible feeling and I pray that I will be able to figure something out at my next physical. This month has been a little more rough then it has been in a while. I guess it is the added stress of going to print.. We got up yesterday morning and played lazy most of the morning, but by 11:00 I had listened to all of the whining and crying that I could take, so I made Molly take a nap. The plan was to let Mike take Maggie to her birthday party at 1:00 at the mall and I was going to either take Molly to Cacki's or to Sprout Studio. She woke up as they were getting ready to walk out the door, so we decided it was best for me and Molly to just stay home. We hung out around the house and cleaned up inside and outside a little bit. I could not get more then five feet away from Molly without her attaching herself to me. Mike came home around 6:00 and the McCay's arrived at the same time.. Life became much easier once everyone was here. Molly became distracted and I was able to chill out for a while. We grilled steaks and chicken and just hung out while the kids played. We are really looking forward to spending a week at the beach with them. Maggie told me tonight that it was okay that we are not going to get to go to Disney because she is going to get to go the beach with Maddie and that is way cooler!! That made me happy to hear!!

Maggie had her first major jealousy meltdown last night. I had bought a Hello Kitty alarm clock on clearance at Target a while back for $5 and Molly's clock had finally died, so I pulled it out of the closet. Maggie was all excited to help set it up, but her excitement soon turned from smiles to tears. She didn't think it was fair that Molly had a new alarm clock and she didn't. She feels like Hello Kitty is a cooler alarm clock then her Princess one. There she sat with a giant bunny all decked out in a cheerleader outfit from build-a-bear and she is complaining that she didn't get a new clock.. She doesn't even sleep in her bed all night!! I know that most of the problem was she was exhausted.. We prayed that God would help her with jealousy and we went to bed. She was completely over it by the time she got up this morning. However, her goal is to sleep in her bed three nights in a row so she can get one :-)

This morning we got up and had our usual chocolate chip muffins for breakfast. Molly helped make the muffins and the coffee. She loves to be the helper in the kitchen. Both girls did great at church, but it was a little rough for me. We walked into the sanctuary behind the youth choir and I became overwhelmed with guilt that Maggie is not in the choir. She loves to sing, but yet we have not taken the opportunity to get her involved. I know, we can't do everything but add that to my hormone situation and I was dropping water pellets off of my face and couldn't begin to get them dried up.. Then we came home and I watched Martian Child and cried all the way through it as Maggie and Molly tried to play "house" beside me.. Our house is how big and they have to do it in the tv room. It really didn't bother me, I just turned on closed captioning!! After the movie, we went to visit my parents and as we were walking out the door, Molly decided she had to change her clothes. I knew that wouldn't be a simple thing, so I got frustrated.. We finally made it to my parents where we hung out for the next few hours. Of course leaving is always the hard part. Everyone wants to show their rear end as we get ready to leave. Maggie was defiant, Molly was screaming and I was internally about to lose it and start crying again.. I did on the way home...Why do my children not listen? Have I done something so terribly wrong in parenting them? How can Maggie go almost a whole year of school without getting her card pulled once and I can't get any respect from her? We came home and we cleaned all three bedrooms because the disaster factor was stressing me out. The girls are finally in bed and I can now relax and thank God to be called their Mom. I felt so terribly guilty this morning when Molly asked me when she would grow up and be a Mommy like me and all I could think was "I sure hope you are a better Mommy then I am". I know how blessed I am to have two beautiful and healthy daughters. I just get so overwhelmed and the frustration builds from every angle.. I pray that God will show me how to deal with all of this.. I praying that tomorrow brings freedom from this horrible thing called PMS!!
Here's a few fun pictures from this past week!!

No comments: