Sunday, March 9, 2008

Lakeshore Park...our favorite walking place!!



The sleepwalker strikes again!! I got Maggie to bed around 7:45 and by 9:00 she roamed into the living room and squeezed me off of the couch in her sleep. Molly slept pretty good last night given the fact that she went to bed at 5:45. She ended up waking up at 7:00 which was 8:00 since the time changed. I slept with both girls last night and at one point I almost fell out of bed because they were crowding me. We all got up with plenty of time to have breakfast and get ready for church. Maggie, as usual was very upset about going to church. I finally discovered there was a much better way to handle her fear then my normal frustration. I crawled into the bed with her and we held hands and prayed about her fear. We asked God to make her brave and to help her meet new friends so she could enjoy going to church. She was still a little upset, but she sat quietly in her room hugging on her build-a-bear. When she came to the bathroom to get her hair fixed, she was smiling. I told her that I could tell God was helping her to feel brave and she said that it was because she wished on her bear. I told her she could blame it on the bear, but God was much more powerful and I think it was her prayer that was helping her!! Whatever it was, she went to church smiling. I walked her into her area and helped her find the craft table. She was in the best mood when she walked into my nursery class!! I am so proud of her. I want her to be able to face any fear!!


After church I made breakfast for lunch. I got creative and made bacon, egg and cheese biscuits for the girls. They loved it!! Then we got into our outdoor clothes and went to Lakeshore Park. It was a little chilly, but we had so much fun. We walked the loop (2.1 miles) and then the girls got to play on the playground. Molly rode in her stroller while Maggie went around on her scooter. She made it the whole way without complaining at all... Yippeee!! I am glad to know she can do that. I have not been able to walk there for a long time because I cannot put both of them in a stroller. Miley enjoyed the walk, too.. She loves to be outside.
*******Lakeshore Park with Flat Stanley********
Maggie is the jump rope queen!! I am amazed at how awesome she is at jumping rope and what great exercise is that. Another thing that she can do that I can't is the monkey bars. Those require muscles that I haven't used in years!! Be sure to check out the video of Maggie jumping rope today. She can even jump on one leg.

My guess is this will be a short night. Molly is exhausted and Maggie needs a good night's sleep to get our week off to a good start!!







No comments: