Daddy ended up not missing Maggie's first soccer game because they cancelled all games for the weekend. The weather is cold and nasty!! The snow came down, down, down, but it melted as fast as it fell.. One of these days we will get to build a snowman (I didn't say it would be here)!! Right before we were suppose to leave to go to Jessica's house to hang out and have dinner, I got a call from Beth saying that one of Jessica's daughters woke up with a fever. We ended up going to Beth's house to play and order pizza. You know me, I was in panic mode when we were trying to decide what to do. I wish I was a neat freak so my house would always be in perfect condition so someone could stop by in a moments notice and I wouldn't freak out.. It's not and the only thing that kept flashing through my mind was little yellow pee spots from Miley. How embarrassing. I was very thankful when she offered her house. The girls had a great time. They seem to be a quiet family, so I think Maggie and Molly seemed a bit rambunctious.. Maggie showed a little attitude a couple of times, but all in all, it went well. We left around 7:30 and came home to get Miley and pajamas so we could go to Granny's for a sleepover. I probably would have done just fine at home alone, but I am a chicken (I can't help it!!).. Cameron and Meghan were there, too, so it was a full house. Granny had to sleep on the couch and Miley kept her awake whining most of the night. She is worse then a child - don't mess with her routine.
Daddy made it back in town before noon. Guys just don't know how to make the best of a weekend away. I really didn't expect him back so soon. He had a great night away and it was a good opportunity for them to all get to know each other on a more personal level. All of the guys seem to be pretty similar, some guys are like Mike in the fact that life has gone pretty smooth and then there are others that have been touched by cancer in different ways. Mike and I were able to sit and talk while the girls were still at my parents and he shared some thoughts with me that surfaced for him while he was away. I LOVE that I have a husband that is not afraid to show his emotions and that he loves our girls so much!! Secretly I have prayed that God would do great things for Mike and I think that this is definitely a start to a new Mike!! David may never know that God used him as a vessel to answer prayers, but Mike and I do!! I have been blessed to have a small group of girls that have become like sisters to me and I can count on them for anything. Mike, has gone through a long season now of not really having any close guy friends that he can just call up either to go out with or just talk. I think that this group will be a great way to make those connections. I want him to have guy friends that he can count on because I would be lost without my sweet friends. I have seen the load of books that Mike will be studying over the next two years. I pray that as he goes through each book that he/we will find a deeper connection as a family to God.. Someone told me recently the statistics on divorce and I don't remember exactly, but it was like 50% of Christians end up divorced, but the statistic for couples that actively pray together is 1/10 of 1%... WOW - what a difference prayer makes..
Molly fell asleep at 5:45, so we'll see how the night goes!! She was exhausted and needs a good, long night of sleep!! Luckily the time is springing forward, so it may make the time change easier for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment