Friday, March 7, 2008

Coming Out of My Shell!!

After school yesterday, we couldn't let a beautiful day pass us by, so we met Papaw and Erica and the kids at Anchor Park to go for a bike ride. Erica and I walked our furry black friends. They were so excited to be out and around other people. We got our two miles in and the kids ran off and left us on their bikes. It's a good thing we had Papaw with us. After the bike ride, we had to run home and get our soccer gear together so we could go to practice. Mike took Molly home and packed his stuff and played around the house during practice. After practice, I went with Erica to a Premier Jewelry and Tastefully Simple party. It was the first time I have controlled my impulsive buying and walked away without spending a penny. I didn't need anything and I don't get paid until Monday, so I needed to control myself - yipppee, I did it!! I always leave parties like that in total regret that I spent money on something I didn't need (the worse was a Longaberger party). We did some quick shopping afterwards at Wal-Mart and then headed home.

The weather has been so funny. It is beautiful one day and then cold the next. We woke up at 5:30 to massive thunder. Molly came and crawled in bed with me full of a hundred questions. Our soccer game has actually be rained out even though it quit raining several hours ago. I met some girls at IHOP this morning for breakfast, thanks to my neighbor Sheila for inviting me. It was a lot of fun meeting a bunch of new moms. We stayed until noon and then I headed to get Molly. She was perfectly content at Papaws, so I crashedon the couch and slept while she played. The next thing I knew, it was time to pick up Maggie.

Tonight Daddy will be going to a cabin on Norris with his CLC group. I hope that this is a great outing for them and that their bonds will start to form. While he is away, three of us wives (that have never met before the other night) are getting together for dinner. Maggie and Molly are both excited to meet some new friends. I am not one to usually get to far out of my comfort zone. This will be my third outing in 24 hours where I will be hanging out with new people!!

Flat Stanley is at our house. My graphics artist asked me if her daughter could send him to us... We plan to keep him very busy, so you will be seeing a lot of him until April 10th!!

No comments: