What is Valentine's Day??? Who came up with the idea to make one day out of the year a chocolate and flower fest to show your love? Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled to wake up to a box of chocolate on my spot at the kitchen table. I am just amazed at how traditions get started.. Mike was very sweet and he went last night on his way home and got me and the girls a little chocolate (not too much) and he got the girls both something they would love. They have total opposite personalities and he hit both of them perfectly.. For Maggie, he got a day by day tear off calendar of High School Musical. She loves keeping up with the date and being able to write.. For Molly, he got a Leap Frog Learn to Count Book. She LOVES it!! As soon as we got home from taking Maggie to school, she went upstairs to get her book and then crawled in my lap for me to help her with it. Thanks honey, we love you!! You'll have to wait until you get home for your gift :-)..
Yesterday was actually Valentine's Day for Molly. Since she doesn't have school today, they gave out their Valentine's to each other yesterday. It was the first time in a long time that she didn't put up a fuss about going to school. She was anxious to get to give her friends' their Fun Dip (sorry to all of the mom's) and to give Ms. Nancy and Ms. Patricia their heart of chocolate. I asked Ms. Patricia when I picked her up how her bahvior typically is at school (because she can be very challenging at home) and Ms. Patricia had nothing but good things to say. Especially yesterday since the class had been so crazy.. She said Molly had been well behaved all day. Yay, Molly - I'm so proud of you!! Could I actually be blessed with two children that are going to be good students?
When we picked Maggie up at school, I could instantly tell that something was wrong. She was very sad and she said it was because the whole class had been yelling all day and they had to put their heads on their desk (including her even though she was quiet). I felt like there was more to her sadness, but I couldn't pull it out of her. Until she is ready to talk (usually at bedtime) there is nothing you can do to get it out of her. We came home so I could send a few more emails for work and then we headed to Granny's house to visit with her. She had a rough drive home and she was worn out.. Maggie was more tearful and sensitive then usual (which is very hard for me because drama is one thing that drives me crazy). However, I must have realized something was going on because I was able to remain very patient with her. She was very clingy to my mom and when she made me carry her to the car I really began to think she must be sick. I checked her temperature as soon as we got home and it was 100.5. I gave her a bath (I know Cacki, not a good idea :-)), dried her hair and then put her to bed at 7:15. My heart was so sad for her because I didn't want her to have to miss her Valentine's party because she has been looking forwward to it for over a week. At 3:00, she still had a fever, so we stripped her out of her mommy-like fleece pajamas (what do you mean she isn't going to be like me and want to sleep in flannel) and her temperature came down quickly. At 6:30 her fever was gone, but I wasn't sure if I wanted her to go to school or not. When she woke up at 7:45 the fever was gone and she was in great spirits. I gave her the choice of staying home or going to school and she quickly chose school. Any other day we would have taken advantage of skipping, but today is special!! I dropped her off and she got her first tardy slip (every kids has to get one eventually), and off to class she went!! I will be there at 11:35 to help with her party, I sure hope my mommy instinct wasn't wrong in sending her.
Yesterday at bible study one of the girls gave us all a piece of paper with a verse on it to put somewhere we would see often and I loved what it said..
"Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them." Ephesians 4:29
No comments:
Post a Comment