Friday, February 15, 2008

A Beautiful Day to Play...

I am going to start by saying that maybe I came across as a Valentine Scrooge and it wasn't meant that way. I am just curious why chocolate and roses are the two main things that traditionally are given for Valentine's Day.. We had a wonderful Valentine's Day!! Cameron came over to spend the night, so the girls were completely entertained all evening. I fixed a very simple meal of fettucine alfredo which everyone liked (okay Molly woulnd't eat, but she was disgruntled). Then we had some chocolate covered strawberries (thanks Daddy).. After dinner, Molly wanted to watch the movie version of The Grinch. She made it through less then twenty minutes of it before she passed out laying on top of me. That was the best gift I could receive on Valentine's Day. Molly doesn't give up easy, so I don't get to snuggle with her like that very often. I held her for over an hour while Mike and I watched Sydney White (we love teen flicks). Mike and I never get to watch a movie at a decent hour. We are considering adopting a 9-13 year old!! At 8:00 I put Molly to bed which she wasn't happy about and then I made Maggie and Cameron go to bed. Mike and I were able to finish watching our movie, but shortly afterwards Molly woke up and would not quit screaming. I think she was half asleep, but I couldn't even touch her without her screaming. I ended up having to wake her up completely and then let her get in bed with me to get her back to sleep. After that , she and I both slept happily ever after. Maggie ended up sleeping with her Daddy after she, too woke up screaming.



Cameron, of course, was awake by the time my alarm went off at 6:30. I would give anything to be an early bird by nature. If you're not one, I think it's impossible to become one. I just require a lot of sleep. Maggie was a little upset at first that she had to go to school while Cameron and Molly got to stay here and play. She gave us strict orders not to do anything fun until she got home. Little did she know we had a playdate planned for Sprout Studio with some of Molly's friends from school. We met Lainey and Tate and their Mommy's there at 10:30 and played until 2:30 (sorry Cacki, I completely forgot to call and tell you we were going - my brain was shot having an extra kid).. Cameron tried to act like he was too cool for the place by listening to my IPOD, but he finally decided it was okay to play with the little kids and he ended up having fun. Molly had so much fun!! I love seeing Molly make friends that are her very own...




The weather is so pretty today, so when we got home with Maggie, the kids darted outside to play. They have raced, jumped and rode their bikes. I wish the weather was this nice all winter. Sorry, I'm not a fan of cold weather... Don't miss the video below (video to come later) of Miley's bike ride. She was so patient and rode along for over twenty minutes. When she was tired of it, she jumped down and ran off to do something else. Tonight we will be having Ginny and Scott over for dinner. Scott is bringing some prices over for life insurance. Mike and I are past due to reaccess what it would take to survive if one of us were to die. Maggie is excited to get to play with Nat-Nat!!

No comments: