Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy 2008!!

I cannot believe it is 2008 already. It truly seems like just yesterday the world was so unsure of what was going to happen in 2000. Where does time go? I never realized how fast time passes until the birth of Maggie. Now 6 1/2 years later I sit and wonder why does it have to pass so quickly. The sweet little baby that stole our hearts away has grown up faster then I ever thought possible. Now Molly is fast on her heels. She has to grow up even faster just to keep up with Maggie.


For New Year's Eve, we had Jerry & Jenny over with their kids and Jim stopped by for a short visit. Kim showed up with her kids at 10:30 and of course by that point in the night I was about to crash. The kids had a great time. Maggie & Molly enjoy playing with Zach and Chase. I was literally in bed and asleep by 12:15. Miley gave us a little scare after everyone left. Mike's voice gave me reason to think he had lost her, but she was hiding under my bed.


New Year's Day we slept in and stayed in our pajamas until 2:00. It's fun having a lazy day. We finally got cleaned up and took some taco soup to my parents. They agreed to keep Molly so I could take Maggie to see The Water Horse and Erica and Sydney. I was surprised that she wanted to see the movie so much and it was a little more intense then I thought it would be. The scenery in the movie was beautiful. When we got home, Maggie fell asleep right away after I finally remembered to feed her. Molly on the other hand came out of her room twenty times. We would threaten to spank her and she would come out again. One time she even said "I need a snack". I told her I had just fed her and she said "I'm still hungry, I didn't finish it all". She is so funny and she doesn't even have to try!!

On Wednesday, I took the girls with me to deliver Maryville. It doesn't take long to do and they don't seem to mind. On the way home we stopped at Sprout Studio to let them play since they had been so patient in the car for me. We stayed there until the closed at 5:00 and then we met Daddy at S&S Cafeteria (by Maggie's request). When we got home, we rushed through bath time and I told the girls that the first one to sleep would be the first one to go into the aquarium - IT WORKED!! They both fell right to sleep.



Today we went to the aquarium with Emily, Natalie and Ginny.. We had a blast. Kim dropped Emily off at 9:00 and then we left the house (three times because I kept forgetting stuff) at 9:40. Ginny was patient with me while I delivered some books in Powell because I am having delivery issues up there. We got off the Sevierville exit at 11:30 with Molly screaming she had to potty. We took advantage of the stop at McDonalds and got lunch out of the way, too. We finally got to the aquarium around 12:30. Maggie and Molly both really enjoyed this visit and did a little more with the hands on stuff. We stayed for the 3:00 dive show which everyone enjoyed. They all were excited about the idea of petting a sting ray until the guy got close with it and it splashed them. Molly was the only one brave enough to stick her hand over the edge, but even she tried to back out at the last second. On the way home, Ginny agreed that Natalie could come and spend the night with us. It is Natalie's first "friend sleepover". She has spent the night with family, but never with a friend. Kids are so fun. I wish friendships in the adult world were so easy. Natalie and Maggie were friends in the womb!! I took Maggie with me to the hospital to meet Natalie when she was born and we spent so much time together when they were young. I'm not sure why things changed for us over the years, but we do not see them as much now. However, you would not have known that today. They clicked with each other like lifelong best friends. They are having so much fun playing together. Molly is determined to be one of the "big girls". They keep hurting her feelings and she keeps going back for more. We'll see what bedtime looks like in a few minutes. Will Maggie get alone time with Natalie or will Molly insist on sleeping with them?






No comments: