Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Molly

Molly Catherine Wallace
January 5, 2005
January 5, 2005 - The day she stole my heart!!
This picture was taken at our house where we celebrated her 1st birthday.

This picture was taken at Molly's 2nd Birthday at the Gondolier.

In my mind it just isn't possible that today is Molly's third birthday. She is my baby and yet she's not a baby at all any more. The age three to me means that everything baby is gone and it's hard for me to wrap my brain around that. What will I do when she turns five? Today she was her usual energetic self. She totally understood what the day represented. If you asked her how old she was, she would work hard to get three fingers up and then she would say "three". If you asked her how old she was yesterday, she would struggle even more to get only two fingers up and then say "two". The day was all about her!! She woke up at 8:20 and came out of her room with the announcement of "I'm the first one up!!". How did she know that? She darted downstairs to find Daddy and some cartoons.. I came down a little later and sang Happy Birthday to her and the smiles began. Even Maggie remembered to wish her a Happy Birthday on her own without being reminded when she came downstairs. At 9:15, I told her she couldn't declare it her birthday until 10:15 when she was actually born. I told Mike that at that very moment three years ago, I was laying in the bed in terrible pain worrying more about the fact that the intern wasn't going to make it in time and it was going to be a waste of her time!! She barely made it..

Once we got up and going, I fixed bacon and eggs for breakfast because she usually loves bacon -not today!! Then I had to run to Wal-Mart to get more goody bag things because I didn't do a very good head count at the store yesterday. Molly had 19 kids and 1 baby coming to her party!! I picked up her cake at Food City while I was out and I think it is safe to say it is my most favorite cake we have had in 6 years of birthday parties!! They did a great job and it may have had a little to do with the fact that it was in primary colors and I am so use to seeing pastels (especially pink!!).

We left for the party at 2:30 and got there with time to spare. They had one hour to play in the gym and then thirty minutes upstairs for cake and presents. The gym time was loads of fun. I think there's going to be a few sore adults tomorrow (Mike and Bubba). The kids came out in them and they were trying to show off their "moves"!! Molly loves to jump on the trampolines and flip on the rings. She is a natural gymnast. I can't wait to get her signed up for gymnastics. Molly got lots of fun toys. It was like Christmas all over again. The funniest thing she said while opening her presents came when she opened Cacki's present and there was some jelly beans to help make getting clothes a little more exciting. She held them high and proud and said I'm potty trained!! That was the key to potty training at our house!!


After the party was over, we invited the Pack's and the Broyles' families to come over and play and eat pizza. The adults got to watch a movie that was less then two hours in a three hour time span. Then we hooked up the Wii that Erica and Noel brought over and tried it out. I actually beat Mike at tennis, but I can honestly say it was pure luck!! The girls' finally got to bed at 11:00. Molly took full advantage of her birthday and didn't waste a minute of it!!








No comments: