Last night around 11:30, Maggie came downstairs crying inconsolably. She said that I had scared her because she checked my bed and I wasn't there. Then she snuck into Molly's room and I wasn't there either. I, of course, was glued to the computer trying to get Quick Books working. I took her upstairs and got her back to sleep in my bed. This morning when I woke her up (after letting her sleep an extra 20 minutes since I was taking her to school), her nose was crusty and her right eye had crust in it (sorry, I can't think of a better descriptive word). We got her face cleaned up, but her eyes still had some goo in them (Maggie wanted to know what goo is). The whole time she ate breakfast, she sat crying about being tired. Not whining, crying!! I kept asking her if she felt bad because if she had said yes I would have let her stay home in a heartbeat because she looked weak in her face. She said "no, I'm just tired and I'm worried that I'm going to have a rough day". She surprised me by making it through the whole day without going to the clinic, but when I picked her up I knew she didn't feel good. When we got to my parents house to pick up Molly, she was running a fever, but there was no thermometer to be found. You know what I will be supplying their house with. She laid around there until we came home and now she is laying on the couch watching tv and playing her DS. I hope she feels better in the morning or we may be going to the doctor.
I had to take my old computer back to Best Buy today because I never could get Quick Books loaded. They burned the info I need onto a DVD, so we will see if it works. Mike just walked in the door with it, so I'm anxious to give it a shot!!
***************UPDATE****************
After a rough night, Maggie woke up feeling much better. She woke up in the middle of the night crying about her ear hurting and popping. I gave her some ibuprofen and put her on the heating pad. She finally went to sleep and I was sure we would be heading to the doctor by 9:00. She woke up at 8:30 in great spirits and says she feels all better. Her eyes are still a little weak and her watery, but she is full of energy and no fever.
No comments:
Post a Comment