Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sick Day After All

Maggie fooled me!! She woke up in great spirits this morning, but as the day progressed, her eyes told the true story. They were very weak and dark. Around 2:45, she made the comment that her ear still felt like it had a bubble in it. I knew instantly she had an ear infection. I instantly loaded her into the van and headed out in search of a clinic open on Saturday. Maggie cried from the minute I told her to put her shoes on until we were almost there. The clinic I had in mind on Campbell Station was closed. Luckily, I called Erica and she reminded me of the Minute Clinics inside of CVS. My first concern was that they charge by the diagnoses, but much to my surprise they now accept our insurance. It was 3:10 when we got there and they were closing at 4:00. The nurse practitioner took one look inside her left ear and I could tell by her reaction that my "mommy instinct" was right. It was really red and bulging she said. She gave us a prescription for amoxocillin and we went to the back of the store to pick it up. What a great concept - kill two birds with one stone!! I had promised her an icee, so on the way across the street to Weigel's, Maggie said "that was actually fun, can we always go there". When we got home, we found Molly asleep in my bed. She had fallen asleep in Mike's lap at the computer watching videos. We ended up having to wake her up to take them to Granny & Papaw's.



Mike and I went out on our little date.. We met Lisa & Pat at the Mast General store where Daddy bought Molly her first trendy jacket. Okay, so we got a killer deal on it. The only color they had left was the ivory/gray, but it will be adorable on her. Afterwards, we met up with Jessica and Blake at Trio's for dinner. That was the only place on Market Square with less then a 45 minute wait. During dinner, the girls convinced the guys to go see 27 Dresses instead of The Monty Python movie we originally planned to see.. We had a great time!!

1 comment:

erica said...

Let's go to the mast general store next week while the kids are in school!! We can get a moon pie and a bottled coke! (do they make diet coke in a bottle?)