After spending the whole day (not a very long day when you don't get in the shower before 10:00) dealing with my computer. Best buy called and said the new one was ready -yipppee.. Little did I realize how much work that was still going to entail for me. Installing software is time consuming and since I upgraded from Windows XP to Vista that made things that much more complicated. I still do not have Quick Books resolved which holds the power of charging all of my credit cards for my clients each month.. My printer isn't working properly. It will print, but not scan!! The cable from the monitor to the computer didn't match, so we had to go to Turkey Creek and check out two stores before finding the right one. I love new stuff, but this is a situation that is very frustrating for me!! I like for things to go smooth and uninterrupted, but that is not how this transition is going. I am very angry with myself for not being more organized. Why have I never hit backup now when Quick books recommends it? Am I honestly that lazy- what's wrong with me? When I realized my computer had crashed, I sat with tears streaming down my face because I didn't know if I would have pictures of my sweet daughters for the past two years. Try explaining that to your kids when their older!! It is not that I do not want to be organized - I DO!! I honestly do not know how to be. Could it be genetic? Is there something wrong with my brain? I cannot tell you how many times I have screwed up driving lately and found myself going the wrong direction. Why am I so distracted? I just pray that it is a season in my life and that there's not something wrong with my head!! Poor Mike went out of his way to go to the book store on our way home to buy the book Vista for Dummies because I had said that it was a little different and I was going to have to figure it out. Instead of being thankful, I was rude.. The first thought that went through my mind was "you've got to be kidding me, I can't read a humorous book there's no way my scattered brain could stay focused on a book for dummies". Then there was the "why would you spend money on a book like that" thought. For once, I just want my brain to work in the right order - "thanks honey, that was sweet" then later say "I don't think I will need or use that, let's take it back so we don't waste our money". I'm sorry, Mike - sometimes I just stink at being a wife!!
Back to the play date -when I picked Maggie up at school, I had her a sandwich and snack waiting for her because she is always hungry. We went straight on to Sprout Studio even though I knew Julianna wouldn't be there until 3:30. The girls were so anxious for them to get there. It's funny how you end up on the same schedule as other moms. I ran into a couple of moms that I have talked to before while we were there to play. Maggie and Molly had a blast playing once Annabella got there. They took advantage of playing in every area. Molly even took all of her clothes off to play in the dress up area. Dress up isn't the same if you have to leave your clothes on!! The girls got to experience their first "bullies" while playing there today. Two other little girls that looked to be about 7 years old were there with their babysitters (I'm guessing). They were calling them names and even got brave enough to throw fake food at them. It's really sad how mean some kids can be. I would be mortified if Maggie ever treated someone the way those girls were acting. We ended up leaving around 5:15 and picking up some food from the Hibachi Factory next door and taking it to Cacki's to eat. Maggie was needing a "Cacki fix". We left there right at 7:00 and rushed home for a bath and homework!!
Now here I sit waiting for my update to finish on Quick books - wish me luck!! I will post pictures after I get everything set up!!
No comments:
Post a Comment