Tuesday, November 13, 2007

San Francisco - Saturday & Sunday



Saturday morning we finally got to sleep a little later. We got up around 7:00 and made our way to breakfast at Mama's around 8:30. They were already on an hour wait, but it was well worth it. While we were waiting, we could see the older Chinese women practicing their Tai-Chi in the park. After breakfast, we headed to China Town. My favorite district of all. I have heard all about China Town and I wanted to see it for myself. It's amazing- you can find anything you can imagine dehydrated from duck kidneys, shrimp, sea horses, deer tails. You name it, they have it!! Who knows what they use the stuff for because most of it isn't cheap. We saw a fish that was so fresh it was still breathing - yuck!! After about an hour, we had seen enough. We decided to walk back to our hotel to drop off our stuff and go again, but Mike got sucked into the oh so comfortable bed and decided it was time to catch up on football scores. I was really wanting to see the street vendors and Mike doesn't get into that, so I took advantage of his down time and went to the end of Market Street to do some shopping. There was a farmers market set up and you could taste samples of most everything. There were fruits and vegetables I had never heard of. I bought three sweet mandarin oranges for a $1.00 and I ate them all before I got back to the room. I was having a craving for fruit. When I got finished shopping, I went back to the room to get Mike so we could go back to Fisherman's Wharf. It was 3:00 on Saturday and I still had not bought anything for anyone except the girls. By this point the mist had turned to rain and it didn't take long for Mike to decide that it wasn't worth shopping in the rain, so he headed back to the room and I hung out and did some more shopping alone. I had finally figured out the transportation system well enough to feel safe by myself. I was even able to help some other ladies on the streetcar. I was soaked by the time I got back, but it was worth it to me!! All in all it was a fabulous trip. I had a great time and I would recommend the trip to anyone (anyone that can walk a lot, that is!!). Thanks for a great birthday, Mike!! I Love You!!

Sunday, we had to get up at 3:00 AM because our shuttle was picking us up at 4:00 to take us to the airport. The ride to the airport was the scariest experience of the whole trip. The driver was crazy and drove like a maniac. I was sure we were going to die. I am not one to get car sick, but I wasn't feeling well by the time we got there. Our flight left at 6:45 and we arrived back in Nashville at 4:00 our time. We coasted into Knoxville on fumes and were being squeezed by our kiddo's by 7:30. Maggie as happy to see us, but she was too tired to get excited. Molly was totally opposite. She helped carry in our luggage so she could see her presents. I didn't think I would ever get her back to bed. They missed us, but they were never sad. For Molly, it was like being on a vacation. She spent Thursday with Melissa and Friday with Erica. She was in heaven!!
Monday, life returned back to normal. Molly went to school and I volunteered in Maggie's class. A funny from Molly - while we were eating dinner, Molly was having trouble using her fork, so Mike asked her is she needed helps. She said "no, I'm doing great". Later Maggie took a brush from her and Mike made her give it back. Molly said Thank You and Mike told Maggie to say your welcome. She walked out of the room without saying it, so Molly looked at Mike and said "I'm welcome". Today, Molly and I hung out all day together and then we babysat the Pack kids tonight. Maggie is starting to complain about her throat, so I am hoping she stays well.. We'll see!!

No comments: