Wednesday, October 24, 2007

We Love Fall Break

Tuesday, we spent the day running errands and hanging out with Cacki. The girls love spending time at Cacki's house because there's lots of toys there that they don't get to play with frequently. Plus Cacki was about to go back to the mountains for a few days and we didn't want to miss out on a chance to spend time with her before she left. When we got home, Maggie anxiously awaited the arrival of Emily for their sleepover. If she asked me once, she asked me a hundred times, "when is Emily coming?". Emily brought all of her webkinz and the girls played games in the empty living room all evening. Speaking of empty living room, on the way home from Cacki's, Maggie asked me if we could move some of the furniture back into the living room. I quickly figured out that she was embarassed that our living room was empty.



At 6:30, I woke to little girl whispers and fake coughing. I got them to be quiet until Mike came upstairs for a shower and then he took them down and got them settled in front of the television. We left the house a little after 9:00 to go to Wonderworks. Molly calls it the firecrack house - why, I on't know. After being there, now it's the upside down house. The Pack's went with us and then we met up with Felicia and Ethan near the end. Everyone had a great time. I was exhausted by the end.








Okay, here's the story of my week. I discovered yesterday that my Ray-Ban sunglasses were missing and I knew I had them at the zoo... I was so upset because I had them pictured as crushed i nthe parking lot. I was sure they fell off my shirt as I was loading everyone and everything in the stroller in the rain. I called the zoo on the way to Wonderworks this morning and luckily they were in the lost and found. Thank heavens for honest people. Then as we got ready to leave Wonderworks, I reached in my pocket to discover I had lost my keys. They too had been turned in by some honest person. All I could say was. "at least I haven't lost a kid this week".

Miley update....as of Sunday, she can go up and down all of the stairs by herself. She does great going up, but doesn't prefer to go down the ones leading to the basement unless she has to.

Funny story out of the mouth of Molly... We were headed to church on Sunday and Maggie was asking about the cross head stone across from our neighborhood. We were explaining to her that her parents were sad that she was gone and that is something to remember her by. We talked a little about heaven and Molly said to me, "I don't want you to go to heaven". I told her I wasn't going anywhere any time soon. Then she said "you can go to heaven daddy". Luckily, she thinks of heaven as a quick trip to Target. Mike was a good sport about it and we both got a big laugh out of it.

No comments: