Monday, October 22, 2007

First Day of Fall Break

Friday night we had Jeff & Marcy over for dinner. We had so much fun catching up with them. I am so sad that they moved before we got a chance to know them any better. They are such a pleasure to talk and laugh with. Maggie and Molly were sad that Maggie and Ellie weren't with them for this trip.
Saturday morning started with a soccer game and they won!!! Maggie was so excited because they scored 4 points. After soccer, we ripped off the paneling and started drywalling the living room. I am so excited to get that room painted.

Sunday, we had nursery. It's hard to get up and go to church when you know all you are going for is to babysit someones two year old for them. I did have a lot of fun because there was only five of them. It's a lot less stressful then when there's 15-20 of them. After church, Dad came over to mud the walls. It's starting to come together. After they left, I got the girls fed and ready for bed so I could get them to sleep as early as possible so Marcy could come over and watch Bridge to Terabithia with me while Mike and Jeff went to the movies.

Today was the first day of fall break. Sleeping in isn't an option when you put your kids to bed at 7:00. They got up at 7:15 and were in great moods. We had breakfast, took baths and packed up for the zoo. We picked Annabella up so Maggie would have someone she knows well to play with. We were meeting Allison and her two girls (Anna & Grace), but she also was meeting another friend that had friends in common with Anna and I didn't want Maggie to feel left out. We got there a little after 10:00 and stayed until 1:30. I was sad because for the first time, Maggie wanted to ride the camels and it was closed while we were back that way and it started raining before we got a chance to check again. All the way home, the girls conspired to figure out a way to spend the whole day together. Maggie wasn't happy when she didn't get to hang out at Annabella's the rest of the day. Tonight we are going to Fuddruckers with the Wards' and the Hatch's. Gotta love Kids' Eat Free.





No comments: