Saturday, October 27, 2007

Last Soccer Game

Yesterday was our last day of fall break. We spent the day at home playing and out running errands. It was also Maggie's last soccer game this season and by far, she saved her best for last. Maggie took control of a play, got the ball, dribbled it to the goal and scored. She was so excited and so proud of herself. She was also embarrassed that everyone was cheering for her. It was a moment that I will remember forever. I just happened to have the video camera on and rolling, but I got so excited, you can't actually see the ball go in the net, but you know what happens by my reaction. Their team won their third game. After the game, we all went to the Gondolier to celebrate a wonderful season together. The girls got trophies and the coach's wife made them a little box with their team picture inside. In the beginning I wasn't thrilled about soccer because of the time commitment, but it was kind of bitter-sweet Friday night. I will miss hanging out with the parents three times a week. We have made some new friends thanks to soccer. When we got home, Mike took care of getting the girls to sleep so I could get the first coat of paint on the walls. I cannot believe we are almost done with this project. The trim is all we have left. Maggie had a really rough night with coughing. It was 1:00 AM before I got her settled and sound asleep. She didn't cough any more after that. She slept until 9:30 this morning to make up for it.














Today, Mike took the girls fishing with Robert, Anna & Grace. They live off of Turkey Creek and their neighborhood has access to a dock on the lake. I figured they would last an hour or two, but I think they were gone almost four hours. They caught nine fish, one being a 14 inch bass. Mike was just as excited as the girls. While they went fishing, Allison and I went shopping. I managed to fins matching dresses for the girls to wear to have their Christmas pictures made in with Meghan and Cameron.

After fishing, we hung out with Granny, Papaw, Meghan and Cameron. They came over to help me with my night-time day care.. I agreed to babysit for Erica's friend who was in town for the football game and then Sydney decided she didn't want to go to the game. Mike ended up going in her place. Then of course Cameron didn't want to miss out on the action, so he wanted to stay, too. He agreed to let me cut his crazy hair in exchange for spending the night. It looked like a groomed a poodle by the time I got finished with him. Molly loved Baby Olivia. She is going to be so upset when she wakes up in the morning to find that she is gone. She was by her side all evening. She wouldn't even go home with Papaw because she wanted to stay with the baby - now that's a huge statement. She was so sweet to her. I managed to have all five kids in bed and asleep by 9:00. What an accomplishment (not a hard task when two of them were exhausted from fishing).

No comments: