We had Maggie's open house at school on Tuesday night and she was so excited to have Mike and I in her setting. She showed us all around her room and spent a few minutes playing on the computer. Unlike last year, she didn't want her pictures taken with her friends. She is definitely more reserved this year. I asked the teacher how she is doing and she said "great". She catches on to new things quickly and easily, she's in Finley's reading club, her writing is getting faster (not as neat as it was).. All in all, first grade is going great. She said that Maggie is very quiet and shy in class. She had to move Maggie's desk closer to her because she can't hear her responses. She said that one day they were singing and I guess Maggie forgot where she was and bolted out with the tune and Mrs. Shedden was totally surprised. I would rather her be quiet then constantly in trouble.
Maggie brought home her first report card on Wednesday. She was so excited, not to know her grades, but the thought of being able to take that little folded piece of paper to get her doughnuts at Krispy Kreme. She got all S's and E's. Of course I would love to see all E's, but the teacher ensures me that S is perfectly okay. She reserves the E's for kids that stay on task, never have to be reminded, etc. Not the typical six year old. After our marriage class, Mike took her to get her reward for a good report card. Who needs a toy or money when there's 6 glazed doughnuts waiting for you.
Thursday was soccer practice. I was sure it was going to rain and had made plans with a couple of the families from soccer to go out to eat in place of soccer practice, but the rain never came. Should I be surprised? Molly fell asleep on the way to soccer, so we let her sleep so we could enjoy dinner afterwards with the coach and his family. As much as I am tired of all of the running, we are going to miss hanging out with our new friends.
Today is the last day of school for a while. We have fall break next week. Yipppeee!!! Plus we don't have soccer practice. What a great week it will be!!
No comments:
Post a Comment