Sunday, October 14, 2007

Cades Cover Hayride


We went to the best birthday party today.. It was definitely a twist on the "normal" party. Melissa had planned this great family get-together to go on the hayride in Cades Cove and it just happened to work out for the most people to go today and it was her birthday.. Of course she was a little embarrassed for fear people would think she planned this around herself. The weather was perfect. It was a warm, sunny day and the kids were able to climb all over the rocks and only a few were lucky enough to stay dry. I was prepared. I brought a bag full of clothes, coats, etc. I just forgot to bring Maggie extra shoes. She had a blast and so did Molly. I was able to keep her away from the water by telling her that if she got her light-up shoes wet that the lights wouldn't work any more. Molly and Coleman had a blast just being 2 together. The hayride started at 6:00 and it was still toasty outside, but about 1/2 way around the sun dropped along with the temperature. The kids also started getting restless, but we had fun all the same. We saw a lot of deer and turkey, but still no bears!! Both girls fell asleep on the way home and transferred well into the bed.


No comments: