Saturday, October 13, 2007

Carving a Pumpkin

Thursday was soccer...I was planning to stay home and keep Molly out of the cold air, but she refused. She told me she would even got with Daddy and I could stay home. She wasn't missing soccer practice. She has as much fun as Maggie.

Friday, we spent the day in search of a coat for Maggie. The weather has finally dropped and we are going on a hayride this weekend in the mountains and it will be cold. We went to the mall and didn't find anything so after we picked Maggie up, we went to Target and she found one she liked there. We ended up having dinner with Granny & Papaw at Aubrey's. Molly insisted on spending the night, so Maggie wanted to, too. Mike and I had a night to ourselves, but we were both so tired, it didn't matter. This morning Maggie had a soccer game, so we had to pick her up early from Granny's. They played hard, but only scored one point. Cacki made it to the game even though I only gave her 45 minuted notice that it was a good game for her to come to. I have not been the best daughter-in-law as far as communication goes. After soccer, Maggie didn't ask if she could go to Cacki's, she insisted. She got in the car and was ready to go. She misses her quality one on one time with Cacki. We picked Molly up at noon and brought her home for a nap. When we arrived to pick Maggie up, we found her and Cacki on the porch with knives in their hands with a pumpkin in front of them being tortured. Maggie was so excited to carve a pumpkin. She did all of the cutting by herself and she did a great job. I have so much trouble just letting her do things on her own. I still want and need her to need my help.

No comments: