
Wednesday was Molly's first day of preschool. She was ahead of the game from the moment she opened her eyes. I got a dress out of her closet and asked her if she wanted to wear it. She looked at it, studied it for a second and then said "no, that's not what the other kids will be wearing". WHAT - you're two.. Who told her what was in style? So off to her room we went together so she could pick out what she wanted to wear. She picked out a dress and her sandals. We talked about school all morning and she was excited, but apprehensive. She didn't want me to just leave her there. Shouldn't preschool be for Mom's, too? She was so happy to finally get to put her backpack and lunchbox to good use. On the way to school, she kept asking, "Mommy, you gonna stay?". When we got in the parking lot she said, "see that mommy's staying"? "Which Mommy", I asked. "All those Mommies". All of the cars in the parking lot meant all of those Mommies were staying. Not this one. I took her in, got her settled, peeled her off my legs and left her standing in tears. I would have never been able to do that with Maggie. I rushed off to deliver North Knoxville and have lunch with Mike. Then before I knew what had happened, it was time to pick her up. She was sound asleep when I got there and when they turned the lights on she was the first one to wake up. She was all smiles. She came running to me to tell me how much "sun" she had. They had sang her favorite song -bringing home the baby bumble bees. She got to paint a
school bus which she was happy to show everyone,
especially Maggie.
When we got home, I was telling Maggie to carry some toys and shoes upstairs and Molly said "I don't have to - I've been in school all day".
After we picked Maggie up at school we came home and got ready to have some friends over for a last swim-date of the summer with our
PepMom group. The water temperature is starting to drop because the nights aren't so hot any more. Cordy, Christi, Erica & Melissa came with their kids and we had a great time. Maggie of course took a little while to warm up since she was so tired from school, but she came around. We all had a great time swimming (not the moms), and chatting.
Mike went out with Jerry Collins, so I got to put both kids to bed. Don't tell Mike, but it is so much easier when he's not here. You wouldn't think so, but neither of them put up a stink. Maggie told me as she was going to bed that she didn't get to play on the playground because she had to sit out there and do her work along with three other kids. She didn't really understand why she had to do it other then the fact she didn't get finished in class
because she didn't understand. I of course sent an email to the teacher to find out what is going on and am waiting patiently for a response. If t happened again today, we will be parking the car so I can go inside to get an explanation. I feel like working for over six hours constitutes a break (even employees have those rights) why would someone take the chance to play away from a 6 year old? I hope there's a good reason - I don't want this to be a difficult year.

The picture of Molly sleeping is from Sunday afternoon. She played herself to sleep for a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment