All in all we had a very relaxing weekend. Sunday we got up Maggie was complaining that her throat was still hurting (I think she was milking it) so we decided it was best not to take a chance on sharing it with our friends at church. We hung around the house all morning doing not much of anything. Granny & Papaw came over for a short swim. We were suppose to go meet Lola at the Pack's house. Molly told Papaw "I'll go meet Lola, then I'll come spend the night with you". She wasn't going to miss an opportunity to sleep at Papaw's house and I wasn't going to argue since she took a two hour nap. Maggie loved the thought of Lola, but when we got there she was a little overwhelming to both girls. Molly was right in the "lick zone" and Maggie didn't like that she jumps. On our way home, we stopped by Granny's and dropped the girls off for a sleepover. I hadn't has a good nights sleep since Maggie got sick. Who am I kidding, I guess since the last time they both spent the night away. How did I get so lucky to have two kids that don't sleep well when I LOVE to sleep. Mike and I got to watch Perfect Strangers without interruption.
Monday, Mike and I got up and went to the gym. We had Cacki, Granny, Papaw, Bubba, Shelli, Cameron, Meghan, Melissa, Maddie, & Ridge over to swim. Maggie was still not acting up to par. She sat inside for a long time and said she was trying to get rid of her sleepies. She finally joined us outside, but she was exhausted after everyone left. We finished her homework, ate dinner took a bath and she wanted to get in my bed and read at 5:00. She was sound asleep by 5:30. When I went downstairs to tell Mike, Molly was on top of Mike's chest asleep. Yippeee - both girls asleep at 5:30 - sounds perfect - not exactly. Mike ran to Blockbuster to get us a movie and by the time he got home and he ate dinner we had no more started the movie when Molly started crying. Her crying woke up Maggie. Great two kids both with a two hour nap awake at 7:30. Mike was in charge of Maggie until I went upstairs to find that he had turned the tv on for her and they were chatting. I fired him from his duty and I took post in the bed beside Maggie telling her to close her eyes and go back to sleep. An hour later she was finally back asleep. Molly on the other hand - 10:45!! I will never get excited about the kids being asleep at 5:30 again. Maggie still woke up grumpy this morning. I hope her day is going okay at school.
No comments:
Post a Comment