Saturday, September 8, 2007

First Soccer Game!!



First soccer game - what do you mean I am suppose to kick the ball. You want me to get in the crowd of girls where feet are flying and take a chance on getting kicked? No thanks, I am perfectly content running along beside the swarm of girls around the ball. I am here for the shear entertainment of running back and forth from goal to goal. If I bounce just right, my ponytails do funny things. Maybe next week I will actually touch the soccer ball instead of bragging that I kicked the net. Maggie loved her game. She doesn't have to be the star athlete to have fun. We played against a team that the coach takes the game so serious that she had bought all of her girls special pink jerseys. They played their first game last night, so they were warmed up and ready to go. I don't even know how many goals they scored, but we didn't score any. We came close several times, but it never quiet made it in the goal. The girls all had fun, that's all that matters. At the end of the game, we didn't know to make a tunnel for them to run through, so our girls ran through the pink tunnel. Innocence is GREAT!!

The babysitter did great last night. She had both girls in bed at 7:00 and the house was not destroyed. Mike and I went out with Melissa and Logan on a double date. We had dinner at Rafferty's and went to see 3:10 to Yuma. My first Western movie!! It wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I actually enjoyed it.

No comments: