Monday, August 27, 2007

The Tooth is OUT!!


Yesterday morning we got up and got ready for church and actually left nearly 20 minutes early (that just doesn't happen at our house). It wasn't my week to have nursery and Molly wasn't happy about it. She screamed when I dropped her off, but she was fine when we picked her up. She told me "I had sun (fun), but I cried for you". Maggie enjoyed her last Sunday in her normal Sunday school class. They are changing the format next week. I'm anxious to see if she likes it.

After church, we dropped off the kids with Granny and we headed to pick up Cacki with Papaw in tow. Molly wasn't too sure about staying at Papaw's and letting him go with us. We made it to the funeral home just in time. It was a packed house and we barely got a seat. The funeral was very good - is that how to describe it. The music was beautiful and the ministers had the right things to say. After the funeral, we headed to drop off/pick up the kids and made our way home. Everyone was so tired. Maggie's tooth was just hanging, so after dinner I tried to convince her to let me get it out. She cried and screamed and cried some more. It was the most dramatic thing you have ever seen. She even hit my hand into her tooth knocking it even loser. TEARS, TEARS & more TEARS. I tried to be patient as long as I could, but the drama gets the best of me. I finally declared it bath time and she screamed some more. When I turned the water on to find no hot water, then I was ready to scream. I guess I really hurt her feelings because she ended up going downstairs to sleep with Daddy during the night.

This morning she was still not happy with me because we hadn't gotten her tooth out. Breakfast was full of more drama. She couldn't eat, couldn't drink, etc. When the crying started again, I went and laid back down. After being awake from 2:30 - 4:15 and then getting woke up again by Molly, I wasn't in the mood for drama. She came to the back still crying and all I did was put a tissue up to her mouth and the tooth fell into my hand. She was so proud to go to school and show off her "hole". Annabella lost a tooth this weekend to so I am sure they are sitting in the cafeteria comparing their missing teeth.


Molly's funny for Sunday - in the car after church, the girls were arguing over if Barney was a boy or girl. Maggie said he was a boy and you could tell by his voice. Molly said she needed him to be a girl. After much debate, we finally, fine if you need him to be a girl he can be a girl. Molly said "ha-ha, he's a girl"!! She was so matter of fact about it!

No comments: