We all got up a little earlier then usual this morning because Mike had volunteered to do car door duty. Maggie enjoys getting to stand with him when he does it. Molly woke up briefly while she was getting ready for school and her one request was to give Maggie a kiss. She fell asleep before she got a kiss, but it was fresh on her mind when she woke up. She was instantly in tears when she realized Maggie had left and she didn't get a kiss. She wanted me to take her to school so she could give her a kiss. It was actually a tender moment- showed how much Maggie means to her.
Molly, Erica and I spent our morning delivering books in Maryville. I am trying extra hard to get these directories out as quickly as possible this month. Without Paige and Laurie cutting back, I had 22 boxes to deliver on my own. YUCK!!
After school, Erica brought the kids over to swim. Molly fell in the pool for the first time. Of course she can swim and I was immediately at her side to lift her out of the pool, but she came up crying. I quickly realized she had scraped her foot when she fell in. It did make me feel good to see first hand that if she falls in, she doesn't panic and she can grab on to the side of the pool.
Papaw came over around 5:00 to watch the girls at our house so we could go to the Young Life Table Host dinner. It was an extremely hot night, but we got to see a lot of Mike's close friend's. We rode with the Pelot's, so Buddy and Mike were able to catch up a little. When we got home at 9:30, Papaw had both girls in the bed, but Molly was still awake. Papaw got up with a spatula in his hand and explained that the girls had gotten in a little fight and Molly bit Maggie. He couldn't find "the spoon", so he got a spatula. He said that he spanked her with it, but I know him and I'm sure it was not much more then a love pat. Molly eagerly put the spatula away for him before he left. It was nice only having one to put to bed since we got in so late.
No comments:
Post a Comment