Friday, August 3, 2007

Tax Free Weekend - Yippeee


What is it in girls that makes shopping such a sport? Add in the fact that we can save 9.25% on all of our purchases and we will fight the biggest crowd ever.. Erica and I took all four kids to Pigeon Forge today in the 90 degree heat to get our hands on all of the best bargains at the Tanger Outlets. I have to say first thing - the kids did great!! Much better then I ever would have imagined. We got lunch at 12:00 and shopped until 5:00. We got Maggie some matching Saucony tennis shoes so she can run with Mommy (oh yeah, I don't really run). We found some clothes at Gap and Old Navy and other then that, we didn't have much luck. Molly took a short nap in the car, but woke up on the way to the car and then screamed the whole way home that her stomach hurt. Not sure what that was all about, but she has been fine since. We had to be at Debbie's 40th birthday party at 6:30. Let's just say you can't leave Pigeon Forge and make it back to a birthday party by 6:30. We were fashionably late, but not the last to arrive. The Bailey's took that honor. Mike had a great time seeing a lot of old friend's. The party was wonderful. I don't know if there's a more gorgeous place in Knoxville other then Two Rivers Pavilion. It is unbelievable. They had Buddy's for dinner and a yummy cake. Molly was ready for the cake as soon as we walked in. After dinner, they all toasted or roasted Debbie and then they cleared the tables and chairs for square dancing. Molly managed to scare the pants off of me. I had my eyes on her and then all of a sudden she was gone. Being on the lake was a little worrisome to begin with because I had already caught her trying to sneak down to the water to be with Maggie. I of course instantly assumed the worse scenario. Norris was calling her name over the speakers, people were looking all around. Someone finally said, "there's some bigger girls hiding in the bathroom". She apparently had seen them go in there and as usual wanted to be "one of the big girls". I was so relieved to see her silly smile and that balloon tied to her arm. I have never been one to doubt how fast things can happen, but that truly happened in a matter of seconds. Needless to say, the rest of the evening she was on my hip. Molly was ready to go home by 9:00 and of course Maggie would have stayed all night if they would have left the lights on. She was having a great time playing with Anna Rose. The Douglass' are such a neat family. I wish we could spend more time with them.

No comments: