Last night was Maggie's first soccer practice, so I planned my whole day around it. We took all of her soccer supplies back to Soccer USA so we could go and get the ones with pink stripes at Dick's. They were out of socks, so we had to go to Target to get those. Mom and I wasted our afternoon away shopping and eating lunch together (Molly said we were"hanging out"). At lunch, Molly proceeded to stick her bottom out at some young guy and pat her booty at him. I thought maybe, just maybe he didn't see her, but he couldn't hold his laughter any longer. I apologized and we soon left. When we picked Maggie up, she was wiped out. I thought she would get a little excited about seeing Granny, but instead she cried all the way home because Molly told her she was tired. After some snacks and a ten minute does of High School Musical (she has to watch it every day), I told her she had to take a nap. Unlike my normal Maggie, she didn't argue at all. She crawled into my bed and was fast asleep. I woke her up a little after 5:00 so we could eat dinner and get our gear on and she acted fine. When we got to soccer, she seemed a little nervous, but nothing out of the ordinary. They had a fill in for a coach that was use to coaching U-12, so she was a little harder on them then a typical practice will be. Maggie quickly became discouraged and was saying her stomach hurt, then her head hurt and then she was in full blown tears. I kept telling her that she had to finish practice or she was going to be grounded from television for a couple of days. I even ran beside her while they played red light-green light. She was miserable by the time we left. When we got home, her temperature was 102.9!! Way to go MOM!! I had forced my obviously sick child to run. She slept with me all night and her fever never spiked again, so I felt a little guilty when we woke up thinking she was feeling better. She hadn't been awake before the excitement of the tooth fairy bringing her $5.00 soon faded (yes, I forgot three nights in a row to put it under her pillow). She was back to being sluggish and said her throat hurts a little when she yawns and swallows. I looked in her throat and it was almost swollen shut. It looks horrible. We will be going to the doctor at 10:15. It is a holiday weekend, I didn't expect anything less of one of them. Every time they get sick, it's on a weekend or holiday.
Now to go back a day, on Wednesday, Erica came over with two little friends and Maggie was overwhelmed when she saw them. I thought it was odd, but I expected her to quickly snap out of it. Instead she laid on the couch for over an hour before she came outside. Molly was swimming under water and a float got pushed over top of her and she couldn't get out, so Erica and I both were headed in to save her. Erica jumped in with shorts on and when she got out, I realized she had her phone in her pocket. I hope it comes back to life in time. I feel so guilty that she won't let me replace it. When Maggie finally came out, she only played for a little bit before we got cleaned up, did homework and ate dinner. By 6:30 she said she was ready to lay down. We read three chapters out of her Junie B. Jones book and she was fast asleep. Then Mommy went to meet Melissa at Blockbuster and we went to Erica's to watch the Ultimate Gift.
No comments:
Post a Comment