Tuesday was a fun filled day. My morning started a little rough or maybe I should say stinky. I needed to take the trash to the dump, but because we were running late, I decided to just drop it at my parents since it was their pickup day. I went to get the trash can and it had water in it, so I carefully tried to empty it, but something fell out of it and caused the water to splatter which was curdled cheese dip water. It splashed on me and it had the most horrendous smell ever. I ran inside my parents house and attempted to clean it off the best I could. I washed with soap and water, squirt
ed some perfume, rubbed on some lotion and I could still smell it. YUCK!! I got back in the car and we headed to Athens to take the tour of the Mayfield Daisy Farm. The girls enjoyed it and they were fascinated by the process. I don't think they fully understood what it was, but they enjoyed the funny hair nets that we had to wear. Plus, who won't take a tour to get ice cream? On the way home, we stopped at Mary's Market to pick up Molly's backpack I had monogrammed and who was there-Alec. Maggie nearly crawled under the table. She was so embarrassed to see him. Brandon and Sydney stayed to hang out for a while and then Maggie ended up going to dinner with them and to the movies to see Underdog. Molly stayed with my parents while I went to a meeting and then Erica, Melissa and myself went to see No Reservations. During the movie I finally located the specific spot on my body that kept causing me to smell the stinch that had gotten on me that morning. It was my wrist - no wonder I smelled it all day. I made Erica smell it and she quickly announced that it was nasty and it smelled like a moth ball. Then we made Melissa smell it and she wasn't taken by surprise. Erica made me use antibacterial stuff to try to kill the smell but it came back after the smell of alcohol faded. 
Today was our last day of freedom - freedom that is to sleep as late as we want and stay up as late as we want. Molly slept until 10:00. Maggie was so cute this morning. She woke up a little after 9:00 and asked if she could sneak downstairs and watch cartoons. She asked for the channel # and I said 0-7-3. As she started to sneak out of bed, Molly started to stir. Maggie quickly got still and played possum. When Molly was settled back in, Maggie gave me a big smile and a thumbs up and slid out of the bed. The next noise I heard out of her was stirring in the pantry. I went to the kitchen to check on her and she had the lid off of the sugar container and she was feasting on sugar. We spent the afternoon in the pool since it was almost 100 degrees outside. The pool was up to 87 degrees, so you couldn't even say burr. There was nothing cold about it. We had meet the teacher from 2:00-4:00, so we met Mike there at 3:15. Maggie was excited to go in and see Mrs. Stouder. We actually did that before we went to meet Mrs. Shedden. Mrs. Stouder told us that she was her mentor the previous year. This is her second year at Farragut. I think it will be a good year. Maggie has Annabella and Shelby from her kindergarten class and she also has a friend named Emily. Emily's little sister Brook and Molly were in preschool together and they loved playing in the hall while we were picking up the little sisters. Her mom's name is Melanie.. I will be walking Maggie into school tomorrow morning as an official first grader. Wow, that's hard to believe. I will be anxious to see her at 11:15 to see how her first day goes.
Today was our last day of freedom - freedom that is to sleep as late as we want and stay up as late as we want. Molly slept until 10:00. Maggie was so cute this morning. She woke up a little after 9:00 and asked if she could sneak downstairs and watch cartoons. She asked for the channel # and I said 0-7-3. As she started to sneak out of bed, Molly started to stir. Maggie quickly got still and played possum. When Molly was settled back in, Maggie gave me a big smile and a thumbs up and slid out of the bed. The next noise I heard out of her was stirring in the pantry. I went to the kitchen to check on her and she had the lid off of the sugar container and she was feasting on sugar. We spent the afternoon in the pool since it was almost 100 degrees outside. The pool was up to 87 degrees, so you couldn't even say burr. There was nothing cold about it. We had meet the teacher from 2:00-4:00, so we met Mike there at 3:15. Maggie was excited to go in and see Mrs. Stouder. We actually did that before we went to meet Mrs. Shedden. Mrs. Stouder told us that she was her mentor the previous year. This is her second year at Farragut. I think it will be a good year. Maggie has Annabella and Shelby from her kindergarten class and she also has a friend named Emily. Emily's little sister Brook and Molly were in preschool together and they loved playing in the hall while we were picking up the little sisters. Her mom's name is Melanie.. I will be walking Maggie into school tomorrow morning as an official first grader. Wow, that's hard to believe. I will be anxious to see her at 11:15 to see how her first day goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment