We only have two more fun days before school starts - I don't know if I am sad or happy.. I am sad that we will not have the whole day to fill with fun, but I am excited for her because I know how much she loves school and she is excited about making new friends. I am sad because this means she is in first grade now, she is no longer a baby. I am happy to know that she will always be my baby no matter what grade she is in. I am sad because we will have to start getting up at 6:30 again, but I also know that it's really a good thing and more gets accomplished when I get up and moving earlier. Maybe I will even make it to the gym a couple times a week. I just pray as we count down the days, that Maggie has a wonderful teacher with a positive attitude and a room full of fun kids that all know how to be kind.
Today we got up and went for our photo shoot for JCPenney's. The guy that is in charge of the pictures was shocked at how much Maggie had grown up since we took the last picture three years ago. She has transformed from a toddler to a big girl since the last picture. Of course Granny still wanted a hair bow in her hair. I asked her if she was still going to make her wear one when she's thirteen in order to be in the picture!! After the pictures we made our way home so I could get a little work done then we met Melissa at McDonald's for lunch. After a quick trip to the grocery store for some essentials, we came home and Hailee came over to swim. Maggie hasn't gotten to spend much time with her this summer. After dinner, I took the girls outside to deliver the neighborhood newsletter and the battery was too low on the Jeep, so I put Molly in the stroller and made her in charge of handing them to me. Maggie brought her scooter which proved to be a BAD idea. She started down the hill on Flotilla and the speed became more then she could handle and before I could do anything, she lost control and head face first toward the blacktop. I instantly ran to her and she was very lucky. Daddy came and picked her up. Four band aids and some ice cream later she's all better!! Tomorrow we will tour the Mayfield Plant.
No comments:
Post a Comment