Thursday, August 9, 2007

1st Grade, Here I Come!!








Our morning started at 6:20. Well for me, that is when my sleep was just getting good. Molly has a head cold again and she was miserable all night. I finally put her in her bed at 4:30 and got to sleep for a couple of hours before the alarm clock went off to announce the first day of school. Maggie got up without much complaint. She was excited to get to go and see all of her friends. The original plan was for me to take her, but with Molly not feeling well, I had decided to let Mike take her so Molly could sleep as late as she could. Maggie didn't go for that idea at all, so of course I wasn't going to disappoint her on her first day of school. Luckily, Molly woke up at 7:00. She had wet the bed which surprised me since I woke her up in the middle of the night and made her go potty. We loaded the van after lots of pictures and off to school we went, along with the rest of the Farragut population. Traffic was insane!! Maggie finally gave in and said I could walk her in - big mistake. Where should I park? I ended up parking in the grass on the side of Kingston Pike. There were no parking spots anywhere. Maggie, Molly and I proudly walked in the school, both of us wearing a jacket. I'm sure people thought we were crazy, but it was like an ice box in our house this morning. Maggie walked us to her classroom where we found a note on the door that Mrs. Shedden was in the cafeteria. It was so crowded in there when we walked in that we couldn't find her. We made it back to the cafeteria just in time to snap this picture of Maggie, Shelby & Emily. I hate that Annabella wasn't there yet to be in the picture. We'll know how her day went at 11:15.

No comments: