Saturday, August 11, 2007

Floating the Day Away




Today was a great day to be lazy!! Maggie woke up at 6:30 (just at daybreak) and she proudly crawled into my bed and said "mommy, I slept in my bed all night!). Of course she wasn't finished sleeping, but since it was daylight it counted as all night!! She went back to sleep and Molly was the first to wake at 8:00. I tried to get her to go back to sleep with us, but I wasn't very successful. She laid beside me awake for several minutes before she remembered that she had pooped on the potty for Granny last night and Granny had been promising her a toy if she would poop.. She said "Yey, I pooped on the potty, Granny's going to take me to get a toy!!" After that excitement rushed through her, there was no going back to sleep. Of course she had to wake Maggie up so she would have someone to play with. They quickly jumped out of bed and started playing better then I think I have ever seen them play together before. They played the whole time I was cleaning up the house, it was amazing. After lunch, Buddy brought Julia over to swim, so that gave me a chance to run to the store. When I got back, Buddy was leaving, so Granny & Papaw came over to enjoy the pool on another extremely hot day. Mike enjoyed a very relaxing nap on a float. I was beginning to worry he was going to have a funny tan line from laying for so long with his arms crossed. Something about the pool makes Molly have to poop, so she announced that she needed to poop in her house, so I convinced her to take her little potty in with her and do her business in the right place instead of her bathing suit. She passed a little gas and came out to tall us, then she went back inside her playhouse and finally pooped. She was so proud that everyone had to see her poop before we could flush it. Now she thinks she should get two toys. Potty training could become expensive.. After we cooked out, Granny & Papaw went home and the girls soon went to bed. They were both beyond tired, so it was a little harder then it has been lately to get Molly to bed.


I follow several different blogs of others each day and most of them are families that are struggling in some way with illnesses, death, etc. Mike thinks I'm nuts that I enjoy reading that kind of stuff. I don't know that I would say I enjoy it, but it helps me keep my life in perspective. I have to say that in the past few weeks I have learned to not take things for granted. I am trying really hard to see and understand things through Maggie & Molly's eyes. I so often tell them to "wait a minute" or "we can do it later". We do not always get the opportunity to do something later. Life is not a guarantee and a family in Ohio learned that today. Their 6 year old daughter died this morning after a courageous battle with cancer. I have never met this family, but I have read their journal daily for almost six months and my heart aches for them. I cannot imagine my life without one of my children. I especially cannot imagine having to go down the road they have been and watch your innocent child be stripped of everything by such an evil disease. Then after seeing Johnny last night - wow!! You just don't know what life is going to throw at you. I say all of this just to remind myself to be thankful for every moment.

No comments: