Sunday, August 12, 2007
Molly Officially Poops in the Potty!!
Molly wasn't feeling great this morning, so we were on the fence about going to church. I haven't heard a sermon in months, so I really wanted to go. After me and the girls got undressed for a shower, I realized we were without hot water, so the verdict was in - we're staying home!! What a great day to do it. I think both of the girls were in need of a "down-time" day. Maggie and Molly played great together all morning. Right after I gave Molly a bath, she climbed up in my lap on the couch and fell asleep. What a precious moment that was for me. Molly just doesn't slow down enough to fall asleep in my arms. That's usually a good sign that she's not 100%. Her runny nose and sneezing is getting the best of her. She slept for over two hours and Maggie enjoyed every moment of it. She was able to do crafts and draw without being disturbed. As much as she loves Molly, she also enjoys having some time to be a 6 year old without a 2 year old wanting to copy her every move. When Molly woke up, Granny and Papaw came to get us so we could go to the store to get her reward for pooping. She picked out a baby that you clip clothes onto and a magnet case of zoo animals. When we got home, she was sitting on the couch playing with the baby and she told her daddy, "I pooped on the potty and got a baby". I was afraid that after getting her prize, she would go back to pooping her pants, but she pooped twice in the potty today. Both times were in her playhouse outside in the heat!! If that's where she feels safe, we will just plan to be close to home at poop time!! I tried to sneak off this afternoon while they were playing to go to the gym. I got as far as halfway out of the garage in the van when they both came running and Molly started crying for me to stay, so instead the girls went swimming for about an hour right before bedtime and then they crashed around 8:00. Then I snuck out and went to the gym. Mike has poison ivy all over both of his arms and he is absolutely miserable from it. This is only the second time he has had it since we got married.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment